Bird, Bird, Bird!: A Chirping Chant…

Bird, Bird, Bird!: A Chirping Chant (American City)

by April Pulley Sayre

Well... I dunno...  I didn't enjoy this, and I can't imagine who I'd share it with.  Maybe I'd like it a little better if the birds didn't have teeth!  But still, no. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
I thought this was a fun book to read. The main idea of this book is sort of a game for the children to determine whether the birds mentioned in the story are real or made up. A lot of inventive spelling in this book, which is what makes it giggly and fun. The information in this book doesn't come until the end when there are several pages of American birds and some of the key features about them. For example, where they live, how large they are, what they eat, etc. ( )
  jessotto | Mar 20, 2014 |
I enjoyed this book although for being informational there was no information until the end. The author did not incorporate the information throughout the text, but did have the rhyme about various American birds. The information for the children to use is at the end of the story. The illustrations definitely pulled me into wanting to read it because they were children liked.

The main topic of the story is to realize what birds being displayed are real or fake and to learn about each individual birds. ( )
  kwisem1 | Mar 13, 2014 |
The chant itself is great, but the silly illustrations are not for me. Birds do not have teeth. The illustrator does redeem himself slightly in his interesting biography, however I'd love to see this book illustrated by someone else. ( )
  VaterOlsen | Dec 11, 2010 |
Be sure and read all the front and back matter for living like a writer. ( )
  elle0467 | Mar 15, 2009 |

Teaches the names of sixty-three American birds through rhyming text, with a glossary that gives details about each bird featured.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,341,702 books! | Top bar: Always visible