Doctor Who: The Encyclopedia by Gary Russell

Doctor Who: The Encyclopedia (2007)

by Gary Russell

Series: Doctor Who

One doesn't read an encyclopedia straight through (unless it's The Book of the War), so I put this on my bedside table and read a letter/section every night before going to sleep. I never thought I'd be saying this, but it's too thorough-- do we really need entries for every phone number that ever appeared on screen, or every songwriter of a song played in the show? Who is going to look those things up? And many of the entries are somewhat skimpy content-wise (probably because there's so many of them), such as "Isop Galaxy", which totally fails to mention that it's where the Face of Boe is from! (I hope you are all as outraged as I am.) Still, it has a bunch of nice new pictures and nice new tidbits of info, plus a surprising amount of old series content where it is appropriate to the new (such as "Sea Devils"). Definitely my least favorite of the new Doctor Who jumbo Christmas hardcovers (the others being The Shooting Scripts and The Inside Story).
  Stevil2001 | Feb 4, 2008 |

The definitive A-Z packed with never seen before photos, concept drawings and special effects artwork this is a must for every fan of the new series Doctor Who.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,418,014 books! | Top bar: Always visible