Fake Boyfriend by Kate Brian

Fake Boyfriend

by Kate Brian

141985,024 (3.78)None

Go to Booknerd777.Blogspot.com to read my review ( )
  stephanie.dicesare.7 | Jun 25, 2014 |
Go to Booknerd777.Blogspot.com to read my review ( )
  stephanie.dicesare.7 | Jun 25, 2014 |
great story itself, great characters, and amazing plot ! AMAZINGLY AMAZING good book. It's only gets 4 stars because I know it was a vey short book (for me) but I feel as thought it was too quick, in my opinion I think that Kate Brian should have added more detail. I just can't wait to read all of her other books ! ( )
  michelle666 | Oct 23, 2013 |
This is one of my favorite books of all time. It has a really interesting plot and the twist ending was really surprising too. ( )
  KaNg1219 | Jan 31, 2011 |
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

Everything goes perfectly for Isabelle Hunter. It always has. Until the day her on-again/off-again boyfriend, Shawn "Sluttig" Littig, breaks up with her. And just a few months away from her prom. Isabelle has been dreaming of the prom for years. She's so obsessed with the prom she's created a notebook that has every last detail of the dream night planned out.

Her friends Lane and Vivi have never approved of Shawn and decide to do whatever they can to keep him out of Isabelle's life permanently. They hatch a plan to create a fake boy on MySpace to divert Isabelle's thoughts from Shawn. Isabelle shows interest in the fictitious Brandon, and so Vivi convinces her younger brother, Marshall, to start chatting with Isabelle on-line.

Soon Isabelle thinks Brandon would be ideal to go to the prom with. The only problem is she doesn't know he doesn't exist! So Vivi and Lane have to come up with a real guy, and quick! The two girls go everywhere to meet the right guy, but to no avail. Only after joining Vivi's mom for some play auditions do they spy the perfect guy, Jonathan. After much coercing, they get Jonathan to join forces with them to be the "real" Brandon. The only catch is that soon Jonathan is showing interest in someone else.

Of course the reader can figure out that there are going to be complications with the story. Only the twists aren't what one would expect! Isabelle thinks about taking Shawn back, Vivi gets confused when her younger brother starts to get cool, Vivi is crushing on someone she shouldn't, and Lane can't get the nerve to tell her friend Curtis she wants to be more than friends.

FAKE BOYFRIEND is another fun read by Ms. Brian. She has hit on another popular topic, using MySpace as the basis for creating a mysterious new boyfriend. The story will not disappoint current fans of Ms. Brian, and should create new ones at the same time! ( )
  GeniusJen | Oct 10, 2009 |

When Lane and Vivi's best friend Isabelle has her heart broken by her unreliable boyfriend, they decide to save her by inventing a new boy on the Internet to ask Isabelle to the prom, but the scheme quickly becomes complicated, and the results surprise them all.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,551,025 books! | Top bar: Always visible