The Secret Language of Birthdays:…

The Secret Language of Birthdays: Personology Profiles for Each Day of the… (original 1994; edition 1994)

by Gary Goldschneider, Joost Elffers

Member:ruric
Title:The Secret Language of Birthdays: Personology Profiles for Each Day of the Year
Authors:Gary Goldschneider
Other authors:Joost Elffers
Info:Studio (1994), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 832 pages
Rating:***
Tags:astrology, tarot

The secret language of birthdays by Gary Goldschneider (Author) (1994)

English (4)  Dutch (1)  All languages (5)
Recommended by a friend, this is one of the most read books that I own. If you're into astrology (or even have a mild interest in it), this is a must read if not must own book. Comprised of each day of the year, it gives an insightful and detailed personality assessment of persons born on that particular day. Whenever I learn of someone's birthday, I look it up to see what it says about them, and for the most part I've found that the traits outlined in the book are pretty much spot-on with the personality of those I know. ( )
  admccrae | Apr 3, 2013 |
Although it is an enormous tome, this is the most shoplifted book at our shop (and at a local restaurant, which liked to have it on hand for customer enjoyment). To my mind it is in no real way a book of astrology (but then I am a persnickety and opinionated astrologer) but a neat sort of parlor game book. Of course, I didn't agree with the assessment of my birthday (Sept 30). But I must say every other family member, whose days seemed pretty accurate, stared at me and couldn't believe I couldn't see myself in the description.
Silly book to refuse to admit I am perfect. ( )
  jarvenpa | Mar 31, 2013 |
Entertaining read giving a personality profile for each day of the year based on astrology, numerology and the tarot. ( )
  ruric | Dec 29, 2012 |
This is a very fun little book to play with. In addition to looking up the birthdays of potential guys to date, I also find it useful for picking birthdays for fictional characters. It compliments my baby name book. ( )
2 vote Bridge714 | Mar 5, 2007 |

Goldschneider, GaryAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Elffers, Joostmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0670858579, Hardcover)

Sure, it's neat to know which famous people have the same birthday you do, but wouldn't it be fascinating to know what else you have in common with these celebrities? The Secret Language of Birthdays will show you this and much more. Through "personology" (a combination of characteristics influenced by sun sign, season, and day of the year) and an analysis of several thousand character profiles, authors Gary Goldschneider and Joost Elfers have pinned down the traits most common to people born on the same day.

Rather than taking a strictly astrological approach--how the planets, sun, and stars affect a person's behavior--the authors compare the commonalties of people who share birthdays, and piece together a personality for each day of the year, effectively slicing through geographical and cultural differences, while avoiding the one-size-fits-all trap of newspaper sun-sign horoscopes. Some readers may find the authors' strict use of the Gregorian calendar limiting, but conversion to other time-keeping systems is fairly simple (the authors make note of this problem and contend that a day is a day, whether someone names it October 21 or 1 Rajab). Goldschneider and Elfers focus on a model of the year as a wheel spinning in a recurring circle of patterns, an idea that reaches back far beyond the linear calendars we use today. Each birthday discussed includes important numbers, tarot cards, and a dose of psychology, so while you learn a little about the other people with your birthday, you may even discover something new about yourself. --Brian Patterson

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:33 -0400)

This is a comprehensive and easy-to-use guide to the history and astrology of the 366 days of the year. Just by knowing dates of birth, the reader can discover details about themselves, their friends and even new found acquaintances.

Gary Goldschneider is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,366,845 books! | Top bar: Always visible