Claws by Stephen Booth

A short story set on the Derbyshire moors. The dialogue seemed a little forced and unnatural to me, but it was a quick read with an interesting take on marriage and creatures which bond for life. ( )
  AJBraithwaite | Aug 14, 2017 |
I thought this was a great little book (80 pages). I haven't read any Stephen Booth novels before, but will now definitely consider reading his full length work. This book is about DC Ben Cooper, who features in his other books, and the story is about wildlife crime in the Peak District.

I found this a good read, and the story was self-contained, which is no mean feat with only 80 pages to play with. I particularly liked the ending, which made me smile. ( )
  nicx27 | Jun 29, 2011 |

In the wild crags of the Dark Peak moorland, a ruthless conflict has been raging for years. The discovery of an illegal haul from the bedroom of a terraced house is a clue to what might be at stake - perhaps the entire future of one of the most prized landscapes in the Peak District National Park.… (more)

Stephen Booth is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,936,196 books! | Top bar: Always visible