The Truth About Emma by Gary Crew

The Truth About Emma (2008)

by Gary Crew

This author usually has something in his stories that is a bit unsettling-I guess just like real life. In 'The truth about Emma' Rafael is a journalist searching for his big break story and he thinks an expose of the young murderess, Emma, will give it to him. No you don't get gory details of a bloody murder, instead this is the story of Rafael's seduction by Emma and the breakdown of what he thought previously, was a satisfying relationship with his partner Julia. It is written with a young man's insight so I don't know if it will appeal to young women. I wouldn't recommend the story to U15s due to language and I have some discomfort with the emphasis on Emma's predatory behaviour. I found the ending a non-event as many issues were glossed over and some that I thought would be integral to this story were never explored. ( )
  readaholic123 | Sep 15, 2008 |
Raf, a reporter, is interviews Emma, a young woman whose notorious past is told gradually through the course of the interviews he has with her.
I disliked this - i had to make myself turn each page and read the next. I didn't like any of the characters. In addition I found it very difficult to believe that the tabloids and Raf's magazine were still interested in Emma's story after 3 years - it wasn't all that exciting.
  alasen_reads | Oct 29, 2007 |

What has high-school student Emma Burden done to deserve international media infamy? Is it true that at eighteen she is a murderess? Or is the lovely Emma simply a spoilt Generation Y schoolgirl?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,625,572 books! | Top bar: Always visible