Don't Stop Me Now by Jeremy Clarkson

Don't Stop Me Now

by Jeremy Clarkson

This might have been a good book back in 2003 if you really liked cars.

Reading it now it is less relevant as the information is all in regards to past model cars and unfortunately unlike the other books of his I have read this one does not vary topics. It's all cars, all the time.

Whilst he is still funny, reading back to back about cars which are no longer particularly relevant did nothing for me, I'm sure if you're a huge car nut you may appreciate this book however it simply wasn't to my tastes.

His other books? Good stuff. This one - not at all. ( )
  HenriMoreaux | Mar 30, 2013 |
I love his sense of humour.

Back Cover Blurb:
There's more to life than cars. Jeremy Clarkson knows this. There is, after all, a whole world out there just waiting to be discovered.
Then there are the cars: whether it's the poxiest little runabout or an exotic, firebreathing supercar, no one does cars like Clarkson. Unmoved by mechanics' claims and unimpressed by press junkets, he approaches anything on four wheels without fear or favour. What emerges from the ashes is rarely pretty. But always very, very funny. ( )
  mazda502001 | May 8, 2011 |
Another collection of columns from Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson. The difference? These are actually about cars- the second half. The first half of each column is usually devoted to something seemingly unrelated. These are the bits I preferred as I'm not much of a European car fan. Unfortunately it's not Top Gear in book format, but there are some laugh out loud moments. ( )
  birdsam0307 | Jun 28, 2009 |
Well written and entertaining if you're a man - which I'm not. So this book was not for me but I'm sure my husband will love it. Looking forward to reading more from this author though in a different vein. ( )
  Heptonj | Nov 16, 2008 |
A hilarious collection of Clarkson's motoring columns for the last several years. This one wasn't as funny as his other books that compile his Sunday Times column where he writes about anything and everything, but I thought it great how he still somehow found a way to tie a 2 page rant about something completely off-topic to the car at hand. I'm not interested in cars much at all yet I still lapped this book up. ( )
  stomps | Jul 17, 2008 |

Jeremy Clarkson knows there's more to life than cars. There is, after all, a whole world out there just waiting to be discovered. So, in 'Don't Stop Me Now' he considers the bigger picture. He will, however, get to the car bit eventually! Originally published: London: Michael Joseph, 2007.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,644,148 books! | Top bar: Always visible