Champions of the Force (Star Wars: The Jedi…

Champions of the Force (Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Trilogy, Vol. 3) (edition 1994)

by Kevin Anderson

Member:Sticks
Title:Champions of the Force (Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Trilogy, Vol. 3)
Authors:Kevin Anderson
Info:Spectra (1994), Paperback, 368 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:star wars, jedi academy, science fiction, luke skywalker,

Champions of the Force by Kevin J. Anderson

Recently added byBinderman, SterlingGill, Druidan, hgoldsmith, Revan97, private library, MeijiJidai, PhxDan, glimmer

In my opinion, Star Wars Champions Of The Force is the best of the trilogy. It ends very well and feels like Star Wars ought to.

Kevin J. Anderson has also done another series with his wife, Rebecca Moesta. The series is called Star Wars Young Jedi Knights, which is for young adults and is my favorite series of all the Star Wars books I've read.

I don't know why this book is so heavily criticized but it's one of my all time favorites (although it doesn't rank quite as high as Young Jedi Knights). I have always found Kevin J. Anderson's work appealing, there's something about his style that makes his Star Wars books impossible for me to put down. And so, despite what others may say, I'm a definite fan of this masterpiece and I highly recommend it. ( )
  Revan97 | Aug 5, 2014 |
Champions of the Force is book three of the Jedi Academy Trilogy by Kevin James Anderson. I found it decent for an ending to the trilogy, although I felt that the antagonist was defeated too early in the novel. This novel, in my opinion, would fall under the same fantasy category as the Crystal Star, and Courtship of Princess Leia. Although some elements were bizarre, the Prototype Death Star and the Imperial Military Academy saved the novel overall. As a whole, the trilogy is worth reading. ( )
  Wuher | Dec 2, 2013 |
  BRCSBooks | Oct 28, 2011 |
STAR WARS JEDI ACADEMY
  rustyoldboat | May 28, 2011 |
STAR WARS
  rustyoldboat | May 28, 2011 |
The Sun Crusher plunged into the Caridan system like an assassin's knife into an unsuspecting heart.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 055329802X, Mass Market Paperback)

Suspended helplessly between life and death, Luke Skywalker lies in state at the Jedi academy. But on the spirit plane, Luke fights desperately for survival, reaching out physically to the Jedi twins. At the same time, Leia is on a life-and-death mission of her own, a race against Imperial agents hoping to destroy a third Jedi child -- Leia and Han's baby Anakin -- hidden on the planet Anoth. Meanwhile, Luke's former protÚgÚ Kyp Durron has pirated the deadly Sun Crusher on an apocalyptic mission of mass destruction, convinced he is fighting for a just cause. Hunting down the rogue warrior, Han must persuade Kyp to renounce his dark crusade and regain his lost honor. To do it, Kyp must take the Sun Crusher on a suicide mission against the awesome Death Star prototype -- a battle Han knows they may be unable to win... even with Luke Skywalker at their side!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:03 -0400)

The Empire is out to destroy three Jedi children, and Kyp Durron, Luke Skywalker's former student, seizes the powerful Sun Crusher on a mission of mass destruction.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,153,872 books! | Top bar: Always visible