Jedi Search by Kevin Anderson
Recently added byprivate library, smbraddy, OJSB, adamblarson, rainslibrary, ari.rilla, PdRLibrary

I loved Star Wars as a kid. I'm still a huge fan. But little in life can compare to me being sixteen again and watching Star Wars with my friends. I'm talking about the Original Trilogy—don't even get me started on the prequels.

I read Kevin Anderson's Jedi Academy series starting with Jedi Search around the same time too, along with the Thrawn trilogy and a handful of other novels, and I remember flipping through the pages while John William's soundtrack boomed on my 5-disc CD player. Cool stuff! The scenes I remember the most were of Han and Chewie held as slave prisoners in the spice mines of Kessel. ( )
  Daniel.Estes | Aug 3, 2015 |
I liked this book and the others in the series. I would warn people that this book ties into the Knights of the Old Republic comic books. The main villain comes from that series so if your not familiar with it your missing out on some of the story. ( )
  Kurt.Rocourt | May 22, 2015 |
I've read Timothy Zahn's Heir To The Empire and, while I am impressed, I still prefer Kevin J. Anderson's Jedi Search. This book and both of the others in Anderson's Jedi Academy Trilogy are amongst my favorite Star Wars books ever. The whole then new (now well used) concept of a Jedi Academy is quite intriguing to me. I highly recommend this book for two reasons: (1) The most important: It has a great story and (2) It's quite affordable, especially used. ( )
  Revan97 | Aug 20, 2014 |
Jedi Master Luke Skywalker proposes to the New Republic that he resurrects the Jedi Order for future guardians of peace. Mon Mothma agrees to the idea and Luke departs on a Jedi Search. Meanwhile Han Solo is sent as an Ambassador of the New Republic to Kessel. Jedi Search by Kevin James Anderson is book one of the Jedi Academy Trilogy. I found it well written and featured everything one would expect along the topic of the book: searching for Jedi. Although I found the concept of them conveniently finding a device that detects force sensitivity a bit corny. ( )
  Wuher | Nov 24, 2013 |
Despite a dumb title, a very solid Star Wars adventure. Doesn't quite capture the feeling of the movies like Zahn's books but comes close. Good job of building tension and jeopardy despite focusing on characters we know no real harm can come to--the mainstays are all here. ( )
  BryanThomasS | Nov 7, 2011 |
The black hole cluster near Kessel reached out for the Millennium Falcon with jaws of gravity, drawing it close.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553297988, Mass Market Paperback)

As the war between the Republic and the scattered  remnants of the Empire continues, two  children--the Jedi twins--will come into their powers in a  universe on the brink of vast changes and challenges.  In this time of turmoil and discovery, an  extraordinary new Star Wars saga  begins....

While Luke Skywalker takes the first  step toward setting up an academy to train a new  order of Jedi Knights, Han Solo and Chewbacca are  taken prisoner on the planet Kessel and forced to  work in the fathomless depths of a spice mine. But  when Hans and Chewie break away, they flee  desperately to a secret imperial research laboratory  surrounded by a cluster of black holes--and go from  one danger to a far greater one....

On  Kessel, Luke picks up the trail of his two friends,  only to come face to face with a weapon so awesome,  it can wipe out an entire solar system. It is a  death ship called the Sun Crusher, invented by a  reclusive genius and piloted by none other than Han  himself...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:11 -0400)

As Luke Skywalker establishes a training program for Jedi Knights, he learns that Han Solo and Chewbacca have been taken prisoner on another planet.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,881,063 books! | Top bar: Always visible