Devotion by Nell Leyshon

Collections:Your library, Fiction
Rating:***1/2
Tags:2000s, disturbing

Devotion by Nell Leyshon

I found this book to be very engaging. The characters were very real to me despite the fact that the father had very unusual interests and showed apparently extreme responses. My own experience tells me that this kind of situation can really happen.
At times I felt that the situation being described was very depressing and sad and yet the book finishes in a way that holds out some optimism (but is by no means a "happy ending"). This is my first experience of Nell Leyshon's writing - I picked the book at random from the library shelf - but I'll be looking for more of her work now. ( )
  oldblack | Oct 6, 2011 |
the tale of a family where the father has just been thrown out and how the two girls and both parents cope, or don't.

Didn't engage with the characters, each chapter was written by a different character in turn which could have worked but didn't. The story didn't flow.

Almost forgot to finish it. ( )
  mumfie | Jul 5, 2010 |

When Rachel decides things aren't working and asks Andrew to leave the marital home, she thinks she knows what she's doing. After all, relationships end all the time, and everyone survives - don't they? But Rachel is wrong, and her decision has consequences no one could have forseen.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,414,298 books! | Top bar: Always visible