Fear and Yoga in New Jersey by Debra Galant

Fear and Yoga in New Jersey

by Debra Galant

I generally enjoy chick-lit and I wanted to like this book too, but the main character, Nina, is so much at fault for creating her own chaos that I found myself wincing in embarrassment for her rather than laughing. It has some funny moments, but other than her son, I didn't really *like* any of the characters in this book and didn't really care about how they resolved their troubles. ( )
  kqueue | Aug 17, 2009 |
In many ways, this novel was a spot-on portrayal of the stresses of modern life and a humorous send-up of Jewish mothers. However, it was an anxious reading experience, because everything that could go wrong, did. ( )
  bearette24 | Mar 28, 2009 |
I wanted to like this book. The characters are interesting, and there are some truly funny moments. I did care enough about the ending to finish it. But I just didn't like the characters, especially the main character. Nina is a yoga instructer who gets into a frenzy over correctly following feng shui. A type-A yoga instructor should be funny, but I just didn't sympathize with her. ( )
  anadvornik | Jul 29, 2008 |

Stressed-out yoga teacher Nina Gettleman-Summer and her family--husband Michael, suspicious mother and father, and teenage son Adam--sample a range of spiritual options in a comic search for meaning.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,075,232 books! | Top bar: Always visible