Happiness for Two: 75 Secrets for Finding…

Happiness for Two: 75 Secrets for Finding More Joy Together

by Alexandra Stoddard

I found many of the tips useful, but I also found the list somewhat repetitive and tedious to read. So I skimmed most of the book.

Gotta say, I wasn't enthusiastic about this book at first. I picked it up as part of my due diligence for my Happiness Project (February is Marriage Month) and procrastinated reading it until January was almost over. It didn't blow my mind, but it was better than I expected. ( )
  ImperfectCJ | Dec 31, 2012 |

Pursuing happiness sounds easy, but with so many demands on our time and resources, it can be a challenge. So, how do we find happiness in a relationship—when there are two people who want and deserve to be happy?

Help is here, from a beloved (and blissfully married) lifestyle philosopher whose books and lectures on personal contentment have helped millions and whose popular Happiness Weekends are filled with dating singles, newlyweds, and long-married couples. In brief, readable essays rich in wisdom, practical strategies, and humor, Alexandra Stoddard shows how two people can be happy together, not at each other's expense.

Alexandra's essays help couples make personal happiness a priority ("Encourage each other to do something every day that will boost happiness"), connect in simple, powerful ways ("Give the gift of eye contact"), share decisions ("A home has no boss"), set family priorities ("Don't let children control you"), expand your horizons ("Encourage adventure"), be grateful for each other ("Treat each encounter as though it could be your last"), and have fun ("Live a little!").

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:24 -0400)

Pursuing happiness sounds easy, but with so many demands on our time and resources, it's anything but. So, how do we do it in a relationship--when there are two people who want and deserve to be happy? In brief, readable essays rich in wisdom, practical strategies, and humor, Alexandra shows readers how two people can be happy together, not at each other's expense. Her essays help couples make happiness a priority ("Encourage each other to do something every day that will boost happiness"), connect powerfully in simple ways ("Give the gift of eye contact"), share decisions ("A home has no boss"), manage family priorities ("Don't let children control you"), and have fun ("Live a little!"). Perfect for couples to read alone or together, Happiness for Two brims with useful ideas to help us "love and live happy."… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,568,240 books! | Top bar: Always visible