Noman by William Nicholson

Very metaphysical. Not many young adults would be wiling to read the search for belief in a god. ( )
  bookwoman137 | Feb 24, 2012 |
Noman is a very beautiful finale to a wonderful 3 book story. Fans of the first two books, Seeker and Jango will not be disappointed. The author wraps up this trilogy nicely leaving the reader very satisfied and with a good feeling of the impressions Nicholson evokes of faith, love, peace and harmony. We see more detailed character development with this last book within the characters of Morning Star and Seeker, but disappointingly not so much with our beloved Wildman. The author alternates chapters telling us what is happening in each of the three key characters lives, which although works well, I found at times disjointed. There was a lot of jumping around. However, I did enjoy the way it all came together at the end, but was really disappointed that the three teens didnt unite at all during the book to join their powerful forces together as we had seen in the first two books. They each were on their own in this book which was ok, but not to me as meaningful. There are powerful messages here, hidden at first, and then revealed slowly to bring on some serious thought provoking topics for the reader to ponder upon. The whole feel of these three books is rather zen, almost buddhist-like in the faith and beliefs of the fictional Noman clan we read about. I think adults would enjoy these books as much as teens and that there are themes here that almost anyone would benefit by. One does need to read the first two books before reading this installment, these stories are not stand alone and couldnt be read separately. I highly recommend that they are read in order right away back to back to really get the full benefit and feel of the depth of the characters and what the whole message is all about. I have to say these are very different, quite engaging and unique. For fantasy fans who are looking for something different, and are tired of the wizards, magic and dragon routine, this trilogy offers something very much out of the norm. I can only give very high praise for this book and for the trilogy as a whole. I eagerly await to see what the author comes up with next. ( )
  vernefan | Dec 8, 2009 |
Reviewed by LaLeesha Haynes for TeensReadToo.com

NOMAN is the finale to THE NOBLE WARRIORS trilogy. I would not suggest reading this book before you read the previous two.

The novel brings a beautiful end to the story of Seeker, Jango, and Morning Star. The stories are very character-driven, and to fully grasp the depth and spirituality of the characters it is important to understand their past. The author writes the book by taking the reader into the actions of the main characters by alternating chapters. At times this did make it difficult to follow the story line, because there was a lack of consistency and flow throughout the story.

This book is thought-provoking and contains symbolism and moral messages that can be directly associated with religion and spirituality.

During NOMAN, the young people in the book are sent on their own individual quests to decide who they want to be and what is important to them in their lives. Even as Seeker faces the completion of his quest to kill the last of the Old Ones, he finds someone who is preaching joy and love - and he is forced to face the reality of his past decisions.

Although it would be nice to see them use their powers all together, I liked the individual aspect of the teens learning to deal with life problems on their own. ( )
  GeniusJen | Oct 12, 2009 |
Book was compelling because of the bonds between the protagonists that didn't break under pressure. Good ending. ( )
  KeenePubLibYA | May 14, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152060057, Hardcover)

The safe haven of the Noble Warriors has been demolished and the Nomana have disbanded. When a young boy preaching peace and joy mesmerizes all who come in contact with him, a large following grows quickly--one that soon includes Morning Star and the Wildman. Yet Seeker, who is obsessed with his increasingly perilous journey to kill the last savanter, finds his mission placing him at odds with this new leader. As loyalties and friendships and faith are tested, all three heroes must question: Who can be trusted? And what can be believed?

Part adventure-fantasy, part love story, and part reflection on the themes of power and faith, Noman is a thrilling and thought-provoking novel--a beautiful wrap-up to a critically acclaimed series.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:14 -0400)

Seeker, who is obsessed with his increasingly perilous quest to kill the last of the Old Ones, finds that his mission has placed him at odds with a new leader who preaches peace and joy.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,059,051 books! | Top bar: Always visible