Christmas Magic by Sue Stainton

Christmas Magic

by Sue Stainton

Other authors: Eva Melhuish (Illustrator)

Little Santa hides the magical reindeer bells in this Christmas picture-book, intend on creating a fun holiday game for his forest friends. Searching through the snowy woods, his animal companions - a fox, a hare, a mouse, two reindeer, an owl, a squirrel, and two little songbirds - enjoy games of hide-and-seek, and follow a trail of hidden bells deeper and deeper into the forest, until they come upon a lovely Christmas surprise.

The only one of English picture-book author Sue Stainton's titles not to be devoted to cats, and illustrated by Anne Mortimer, Christmas Magic is a cute little book, complete with charming artwork and a sparkly cover that will appeal to many young readers. Unfortunately, the text itself is rather weak, and reads more like a string of statements (the animals search through the woods. they look up. they look down.) than a story. It was also, thematically speaking, just a little boring. I think it's possible that other readers might like this more than me, and I did appreciate the artwork, so I awarded it two stars, rather than one, but it definitely isn't one I would recommend very highly, as I think young readers can do better, when it comes to Christmas fare. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Apr 12, 2013 |

Sue Staintonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Melhuish, EvaIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Someone has hidden the magical reindeer bells, and all the animals of the forest must find them.

Santa helps the reindeer find their missing magical bells.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,428,092 books! | Top bar: Always visible