True20 Adept's Handbook by Matthew E. Kaiser

True20 Adept's Handbook

by Matthew E. Kaiser

91950,433 (3.5)None

Maybe I'm a stickler but I found some of the wording inconsistent in this book and since I'm using parts of it in a book I'm writing it was glaringly obvious. I think some ...more Since True20 started with Blue Rose and Blue Rose had a "companion" book that added a lot to the arcane spell system I guess it makes sense that the True20 magic companion (this book) would cannibalize much of the Blue Rose Companion. But that doesn't mean I'm really all that happy about reading the same stuff.

Maybe I'm a stickler but I found some of the wording inconsistent in this book and since I'm using parts of it in a book I'm writing it was glaringly obvious. I think some of the powers are way over powered, others so specific that they are really only usable for narrator characters because many players would never choose to give up one of their slots for them.

But I got a bunch of cool ideas and it had many powers and feats that I didn't have to create. Loved the philosophies of magic and the more detailed description of supernatural item creation. So definitely worth it, especially if you have never seen the Blue Rose Companion. ( )
  ragwaine | Aug 2, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,544,554 books! | Top bar: Always visible