The Statue of Liberty [Ready-to-Read] by…

The Statue of Liberty [Ready-to-Read]

by Marion Dane Bauer

Summary:
This informational book is all about the Statue of Liberty. It was the first thing many immigrants saw coming into American for many years and this book tells of how she came to stand in the harbor of New York.

Personal Summary:
I actually went to New York City this past summer and got to see the Statue of Liberty in person. I already knew all the things about the Statue of Liberty written in this book, but I think it does a very good job of giving the important facts about the Statue of Liberty in an easy way for children to read and understand.

Classroom Extension Ideas:
1. After reading the book discuss with students how the Statue of Liberty was a gift to America from France. Have students do research and write a short paper explaining if our relationship with France has changed since then and if so how.
2. Discuss with students that the Statue of Liberty is a national symbol. Discuss what she symbolizes with students then ask students if they can think of other national symbols and what those might symbolize.
  SydneySays | Nov 11, 2014 |
summary:
This book describes the statue of liberty. It also tells the story of what the Statue of Liberty means to the country.

personal reaction:
This book is very informative

classroom extension ideas:
1. Using materials found around the classroom, we could build our own Statue of Liberty.

2. Have a French day honoring the Statue of Liberty. Bring food that french people might eat, and discuss their culture.
  we3zmom | Apr 14, 2012 |
This story is about the Statue of Liberty, how it was created by Frederic Auguste Bartholdi. Then sent to the United States in 350 pieces from France, to honor friendship between the two countries.

Visiting New York and going to see the Statue of Liberty would be a remember able experience. This Statue resembles freedom and welcome other people to the United States.

In the classroom have students write about what the Statue of Liberty means to them and why. Then have each students tell the class what they wrote. ( )
  amymonjeau | Nov 10, 2010 |
This book is about the Statue of Liberty. It tells the story of what the Statue of Liberty stands for, how it got to America, and several other intersting facts.

I liked this book because I thought I would be a great learning tool to help children understand and learn about the Statue of Liberty.

As an extension idea, I would have students color pictures of the Statue of Liberty. I would also use this book to explain the importance of freedom in America.
  LaurenAllard | Oct 20, 2009 |
This Ready to Read Statue of Liberty book is at a very beginning reading level and it gives beginning readers an opportunity to read about factual information on the statue of liberty and understand it. The book shows great pictures and the pictures go with the information in the text really well.

This book would be great to use for a book for a student to use to get information if he/she was doing a report on New York or the Statue of Liberty.
  Jenny_Laura | Sep 28, 2008 |

Marion Dane Bauerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Wallace, JohnIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

An introduction to the Statue of Liberty explains how it was built, what it is made of, and the symbolism behind it, and provides interesting facts pertaining to this wonder.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,594,069 books! | Top bar: Always visible