Sweethearts by Sara Zarr

920569,529 (3.83)48
Member:laura_loved
Title:Sweethearts
Authors:Sara Zarr
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2009), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 217 pages
Collections:Read in 2012
Rating:***

Sweethearts by Sara Zarr

How To Say Goodbye In Robot by Natalie Standiford (weener)
    weener: Both interesting books about not-really-romantic love relationships between young people.
    Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen (writemeg)

Dos amigos se separan y años después se reencuentran. Sus vidas han cambiado totalmente, pero ¿ha cambiado su amistad?

Esta es una bellisima historia sobre el poder del amor y la amistad. Totalmente realista y conmovedora. Con personajes muy bien desarrollados y una trama cautivadora.

Me involucre tanto con los personajes que quisiera que el final fuera totalmente distinto, pero como dije, esta es una historia realista y en la vida real los "felices para siempre" no existen.

Uno de mis favoritos de todos los tiempos. ( )
  Glire | Jun 22, 2016 |
I kept waiting for something of substance, but it never came. I was okay with the main character until I found out what the horrible thing was that happened on her 9th birthday, then she started to get on my nerves. Did not like the mom, actually the only character I did like was the stepdad. ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |
Jennifer and Cameron Quick are friends when they were young. When Cameron goes missing and disappears on Jennifer's 9th birthday, she is devastated to find out Cameron had died. Presumably dead, Jennifer moves with her life. Now age 17, she have completely change and establish a new identity from changing her real name to "Jenna", having a new set of friends, and having a boyfriend. Suddenly when Cameron appears and enter Jennifer's life, she's quickly confuse as to what she wants in life. Cameron's return prompts questions from her friends to her boyfriend to her mom about her life between her and Cameron.

I always have moments where I miss a dear close friend, family member, and stranger because the bond between me and them are gone or short. And reading this book has prompt me to question those lost of losing someone after being gone from their life. Even being a different person after years have passed can question my true identity as to who I want to be in life when a traumatic event in my past is triggered to awaken my conscious of a memorable moment. Sometimes, I live in denial of a life I don't want to be but still do knowing how difficult to be honest with myself. It can cost me the losses of being with others especially when I tell a different story to my friends and relatives that aren't true or believable. I love this book because it centers on identity and self discovery of oneself and I enjoy it overall. ( )
  jhcao20 | Apr 26, 2016 |
  lkmuir | Dec 1, 2015 |

Uno de mis favoritos de todos los tiempos. ( )
  Glire | Jul 7, 2014 |
For Mark
Some memories are slippery.

Jennifer and Cameron were best friends as children, drawn together because they were both social outsiders. Then Cameron disappears, and Jennifer hears he is dead. When Jennifer's mom marries, they can afford decent clothes and a better school. She transforms herself by losing weight and copying how the popular kids act, calls herself Jenna, and soon has many friends as well as a boyfriend. Then Cameron reappears, and Jenna/Jennifer has to decide who she really is.

As children, Jennifer Harris and Cameron Quick were both social outcasts. They were also one another's only friend. So when Cameron disappears without warning, Jennifer thinks she's lost the only person who will ever understand her. Now in high school, Jennifer has been transformed. Known as Jenna, she's popular, happy, and dating, everything "Jennifer" couldn't be---but she still can't shake the memory of her long-lost friend.

When Cameron suddenly reappears, they are both confronted with memories of their shared past and the drastically different paths their lives have taken.

From the National Book Award nominated author of Story of a Girl, Sweethearts is a story about the power of memory, the bond of friendship, and the quiet resilience of our childhood hearts.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:07 -0400)

After losing her soul mate, Cameron, when they were nine, Jennifer, now seventeen, transformed herself from the unpopular fat girl into the beautiful and popular Jenna, but Cameron's unexpected return dredges up memories that cause both social and emotional turmoil.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,907,978 books! | Top bar: Always visible