Welcome to Your Brain: Why You Lose Your Car…

Welcome to Your Brain: Why You Lose Your Car Keys but Never Forget How to… (2008)

by Sandra Aamodt, Sam Wang

Very well written. The intriguing narrative gave an exclusive behind-the-scenes look into a world few people get to experience. It was difficult to put down; the characters were so well-developed, I found myself nearly desperate to get to the resolution of each conflict, big or small. ( )
  Erica_Coomer | Jul 13, 2018 |
My favorite book to date. Beautiful story! A must-read! ( )
  Bookapotamus | Jun 27, 2018 |
The things you wouldn't expect to find in history because everyone claimed to be so pure but you know they were not. ( )
  godmotherx5 | Apr 5, 2018 |
I think this book will soon be a classic! It was an incredibly written book, the plot was captivating and Gruen is definitely an artist with a pen. She uses exquisite literary techniques that only the most keen readers will pick up. ( )
  BEGivens | Mar 21, 2018 |
Well written, interesting and different. ( )
  SMBrick | Feb 25, 2018 |

Aamodt, Sandraprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wang, Sammain authorall editionsconfirmed

We use our brains at practically every moment of our lives, and yet few of us have the first idea how they work. Much of what we think we know comes from folklore: that we only use 10 percent of our brain, or that drinking kills brain cells. These and other myths are wrong, as shown by neuroscientists who have spent decades studying this complex organ. However, most of what they have learned is not known to the world outside their laboratories. Here, the authors dispel common myths about the brain and provide a comprehensive, useful overview of how it really works. You'll discover how to cope with jet lag, how your brain affects your religion, and how men's and women's brains differ. With accessible prose decorated by charts, trivia, quizzes, and illustrations, this book is suitable for quick reference or extended reading.--From publisher description.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,154,564 books! | Top bar: Always visible