Rough Cut by Rob Knight

Rough Cut

by Rob Knight

411,664,912 (2)None
Recently added byastraplain, RedMonkey, elisa.rolle

Six and Jules are a perfect couple of idler... well, not true, Six has a work as tattoo artist in a parlor, but in the 12.700 words (33 pages) of this short story, we don't have the chance to know what Jules does, apart loving Six. Yes since Six and Jules are in love and it's pretty obvious, they kiss and cuddle every chance they have, but don't get me wrong, they are not two tender sweetheart, they are two hot gay men full of piercings and tattoos, and sometime they 'adopt' a boy, and yes, with all the worst intention, to play with them. But this time they bring home something new... a virgin!

Paul is just out of college and he wants a tattoo to mark his rites of passage. It's not only the passage from young to adult, from college to work, but also a promise to himself that he will follow his heart desire as out of the closet gay man. And when he sees Six and Jules together it's almost too much for him, it's an overload of physical sensation, he is like a child in a candy shop, he wants to touch and taste everything.

But the funny thing of this book is that Paul has the chance to see and try a lot, but at the end of the book he is still virgin! Six and Jules play with him, they teach him one thing or two, but all the hard stuff they do together, letting Paul be an eager spectator... I like it, since in this way, Paul could see and understand what he wants and what he likes, but Six and Jules remain faithful to each other. True this is only the first book in a series of three, and I don't know what it will happen next, but to me feel right that, at their first encounter with Paul, Six and Jules 'limit' themself, for me it means that they are not real players, they don't put at risk their relationship for a sweet face. If Paul will remain around enough time to be judge worthy, only then they will let him inside their circle, inside their relationship.

elisa.rolle | Dec 10, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,243,575 books! | Top bar: Always visible