Dead Perfect by Amanda Ashley

Dead Perfect

by Amanda Ashley

199759,063 (3.33)3

I actually read Dead Sexy first, and even though this one came first, it doesn't matter. Each book is stand alone and they are both great stories. ( )
  AmandaKimberley | Jun 9, 2014 |
Shannah Davis is dying, her docts have been telling her that she will only have weeks left to live. With a will of iron, to live and find a way to escape the diagnosis, she suspects a certain mysterious stranger of being a vampire. At first she intends to ask him to change her into a vampire, so that she can live. However when the time arrives, events occur in a way that changes her mind, however she is still intrigued by Ronan. Ronan is at first intrigueed by Shannah, when she ends up at this doorstep questioning him that no other mortal would ever ask of him, he is eager to wonder where she learned his nature from. Ronan has lived 500 years no less, and is a romance author, but no one in the world knows that he is a man, since the name of the author for the public is a woman's name. So he makes a deal with Shannah, that if she will do a book tour and act like she is the real author, he will pay her. However after spending time with each other, they grow closer together intimately and before they know it they start falling in love, but will that love be strong enough when Ronan acts uunexpectadley?

I real loved "Dead Perfect" its the first I have read by Amanda Ashley, I saw the cover of this one, and just thought that I would give it a try, and I am so glad that I did. She is a talented author, and when I checked out her website, I learned that she is also Madeline Baker, whom I have read a couple of books from, so no wonder I liked her so much :) Also another reason that I loved this book, was that it is paranormal, and I love everything paranormal, and this was one of the best that I have read in the genre. It was filled with the perfect mix of everything that I enjoy in a good romance; action, romance and passion, strong characters and a intense plot. The cover also is very compelling, and draws you into reading it. There is also deep emotion that vibrates throughout the whole book and Amanda Ashely does a great job in portraying strong emotions and transferring it to the reader. ( )
  addictofromance | Feb 25, 2013 |
Not what I thought it would be, I was alittle dissappointed. ( )
  Jenilee | Aug 10, 2010 |
At the end of the summer I was lucky enough to receive an ARC for her soon to be released novel Dead Perfect. I finally got around to reading it and it didn't disappoint. Very good read, I definitely recommend reading it. The author being a lover of vampires, has created great vampire characters time and time again. This time is no different. Although this is a vampire novel it is also a very tender and sweet romance. This is the first Paranormal Romance novel that I read that isn't bogged down by sex scenes, not that that is a bad thing. ;)

Shannah is dying and there's nothing she can do to stop it. Until she spots a man who she thinks might be a vampire. Without knowing what she really wants she starts to stalk him. But when they finally meet, he offers her something that she wasn't even looking for.... ( )
  vampiregirl76 | Jul 5, 2010 |
I really did not enjoy this. I have been reading far too many vampire books recently and as a result someone from my work lent this book and told me to read it because it was super good. I read about half of the book before I put it down. Its about a girl who is dying who befriends a vampire (she is unaware of this) who in turn feeds her blood while she is sleeping to help her feel better. The writing is amateur and I didn't enjoy it at all. I give this book 1 star out of 5. ( )
  meags222 | Nov 24, 2009 |
added by meags222 | editMeaghan Smith, Meaghan Smith (Nov 24, 2009)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0821780611, Mass Market Paperback)

Be Careful What You Wish For...

Only a woman with nothing left to lose knocks on a vampire's door and asks for help. Shannah Davis is convinced that the mysterious dark-haired man she's followed for months can save her life if he doesn't kill her first. But though Ronan insists he can't give her what she needs, his kiss unleashes a primal hunger that makes her feel truly alive for the first time.

After centuries of existence, Ronan has done the unthinkable. He has fallen in love with a mortal and one with only weeks to live. Sensing the fear and reluctance beneath Shannah's request, he offers her a different bargain that will keep her near him during the time she has left. Every hour spent together leaves him craving her touch, her scent, her life's essence. Soon, only Shannah can satisfy his thirst. But if he saves her from death, will she love him for it or spend eternity regretting what she has become?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:26 -0400)

Desperate and alone, Shannah Davis turns to a reclusive and deadly vampire for help in saving her life, and in order for him to do so, she must agree to a devil's bargain that calls into question everything in which she believes.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,633,732 books! | Top bar: Always visible