Raven Rise (Pendragon) by D. J. MacHale

Raven Rise (Pendragon)

by D. J. MacHale

Series: Pendragon (9)

I think what I love most about this series is the different worlds. Every book, there's a completely new setting to lose yourself in, complete with a new cast of characters. But of course, sometimes the best ones from previous novels come along for the ride. ( )
  Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |
Only one more book in this series...and this one is the perfect lead in for it. Not the greatest, but still pretty good. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
Gripping and true to form. This book does it's job of sucking you in and making you want to read more. So much happens that it makes your head spin. There are triumphs and heartbreaks and I am so anxious to get resolution (and maybe a little retribution). ( )
  jimocracy | Apr 18, 2015 |
The Pendragon series has been a favorite of mine ever since my mom sent me the ARC of Merchant of Death my freshman year of college. I remember picking it up to kill the morning and getting sucked in from page one. Needless to say, I stayed in most of the day reading it. Expectations were high for Raven Rise, for I think the two books before this were very well done. I'm happy to say that Raven Rise went beyond my expectations.

We all knew that Bobby's actions at the end of the last book were going to royally mess up Halla, but, never did I think they would impact the whole of Halla as much as it. In Raven Rise we travel along with multiple travelers to different territories, seeing the vast changes in Halla from many different point of views.

The only problem that I had with the book, which might be a personal thing, was that there were some times where the constant narration grated on me. I wanted dialogue or some interaction between someone during some of the journal entries. That was only a minor problem, though.

Raven Rise is action packed, as always, but also has moments where it really gets to you at an emotional level, or at least, it got to me. DJ has again written a book where you could laugh and cry and throughly enjoy the entire ride.

4 stars from me. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. ( )
  Kewpie83 | Apr 3, 2013 |
Its a really good plot twisting and ironic book. ( )
  JoQu05 | Feb 2, 2011 |

D. J. MacHaleprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dufris, WilliamNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Gene & Theresa Gregory.
Ibara!

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159737301X, Audio CD)

This is where it begins. The showdown for Halla. At stake is nothing less than all that ever was and all that will be. While Bobby remains trapped on Ibara, the battle moves to his home territory: Second Earth. Mark Dimond and Courtney Chetwynde are left on their own to defend Second Earth against the forces of Saint Dane. The Convergence has broken down the walls. The territories are on a collision course. The final phase of Saint Dane’s quest to rule Halla is underway. And Bobby Pendragon is nowhere to be found.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:42 -0400)

While Pendragon is trapped on Ibara, Alder returns to Denduron and reluctantly goes into battle again, and other Travelers face obstacles of various sorts, Saint Dane gains the power he seeks on Second Earth and makes his push to destroy and rebuild Halla.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,088,995 books! | Top bar: Always visible