Heart of the Winter Wolf by Dani Harper

Heart of the Winter Wolf

by Dani Harper

Dani writes with a polished maturity that rivals Nora Roberts, Sandra Brown, or Christine Feehan. Her story of the Changling James Macleod and Jillian Descharme kept me enthralled and turning epages till I was done. I even found myself crying when Jillian found out James' true nature and no printed book that I've read by any of the so-called "greats" of romance has been able to do that before. Dani's attention to detail in crafting her story is evident in her knowledge of organic farming, the meaning of flowers, and herbs. I'll never look at a bouquet of flowers the same.

The romance is strong, as is the sense of family and love. The sex is perfectly sizzling, not trite or overdone in the least. I have to say, if all ebooks are as polished and scintillating as this, bring 'em on! Dani Harper has completely erased my fears. I'm looking forward to her next book and those print publishers had better take notice, Dani Harper is definitely a paranormal romance force to be reckoned with.

Edited to add: after I wrote this review, Dani's publisher made the wise decision to publish this book in print! I bought two, one for my "keeper" shelf and another to give a friend as a gift. ( )
  jeannekc | Oct 28, 2007 |

Was it only coincidence that the white wolf Jillian had depended upon for years in times of need to comfort her came back into her life at the same time that she met James Macleod, the giant of a man with the pale blond hair and the look of a Viking? James Macleod was a Changeling who'd lost everything dear to him in a single night of blood and fire. Devastated by guilt and driven by grief, he became a great white wolf and vowed never to walk as a man again--until a small blonde veterinarian shook his resolve and his world. Now James must remember how to be human and walk in his human skin again in order to solve a frightening riddle: Who is this beautiful woman and why is his wolfen side hunting her?

Dani Harper is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,443,487 books! | Top bar: Always visible