Erak's Ransom by John Flanagan

Erak's Ransom (2007)

by John Flanagan (Author)

English (20)  Dutch (1)  All languages (21)
Quando Erak, o oberjarl da Escandinávia, decide liderar seus homens em um saque à pequena cidade mercantil de Al Shabah, ele não imagina o desfecho dessa empreitada. Depois de uma invasão surpreendentemente fácil, o líder escandinavo acaba prisioneiro de um grupo de guerreiros do povo arridi. Svengal, homem de confiança do escandinavo, pede ajuda aos araluenses. Por conta da dívida de honra que tem com o oberjarl, o rei Duncan se vê obrigado a enviar a princesa Cassandra como representante da família real para efetuar o pagamento do resgate e garantir a liberdade de Erak. Preocupado com a segurança da filha, Duncan convoca Halt, Will, Horace e Gilan para acompanhá-la e protegê-la durante a missão. Tem início uma jornada onde o perigo espreita atrás de cada pedra do caminho. Uma verdadeira provação para Will e seus companheiros, que fica ainda mais arriscada quando o grupo é castigado por uma tempestade de areia que carrega rumores de uma grande traição.
  melissa.gamador | Sep 9, 2014 |
John Flanagan's creativity and mastery of storytelling once again shines through in this riveting installment of the "Ranger's Apprentice" series as he sweeps readers along with Will and his friends to distant desert lands fraught with danger. Despite the fact that this book's timeframe is set before books 5 and 6 and reveals what happens in Will's final year as an apprentice, the switch in time isn't difficult to follow. Readers will, in fact, be thankful that Flanagan choose to recount this key adventure in Will's life. I literally devoured this book and found it to be one of my favorites in the series thus far. If you're a fan of this series, "Erak's Ransom" is definitely not an installment you want to miss! ( )
  ThePageturners | Mar 23, 2014 |
In this book made by John Flanagan Will Halt and Gilan the rangers along with Horace the knight and princess Cassandra travel far after realizing their friend erak is being help ransom. While this is all happening Will is stressed out about his ranger apprentice graduation.
This book was not bad, I did not like the fact that it went so far back in time when I was beginning to like the new ranger Will however it is important and is worth reading.
  br14jamo | Oct 31, 2013 |
I thought at first it was kind of weird that this book, the seventh in the Ranger's Apprentice series, takes place before the two that are before it in the series. The execution scene is one of my favorites because it is very tense and there was a lot of action as Will saved his friends. ( )
  SebastianHagelstein | Jul 23, 2013 |
I love this series! Although this is the 7th book in the series, it is only the 3rd one I've been able to complete. I listen to these with my 11 year old son and once he gets hooked he brings the book with him everywhere and finishes it without me. There were parts of this book when I was tempted to listen ahead, so I can understand the temptation.

The series is a medieval adventure focusing on a group of warriors who protect the kingdom of Araluen. Will, the Ranger's Apprentice, is a teenage boy on the brink of completing his apprenticeship as a Ranger. He is part of a small party sent to a desert kingdom to offer ransom for a captured king. But their plans are interrupted when violent sandstorms erupt and a warring nomadic tribe appears. Adventure and story telling at its best! One of the thing I love about this series is that not only does it have a page turning (track forwarding??) plot, but the characters are well drawn. In this book, Will worries about his promotion to a Ranger. Will he live up to everyone's expectations? How can he appear brave and confident when he is uncertain and scared inside? These are perfect books for teens and pre-teens. But, I have to say that I love these books and I am not alone. It is one of the more popular series that suits children and adults. ( )
  jmoncton | Jun 3, 2013 |

awesome book but i rather the other ones from this one though.

On a mission to pay the ransom of a new ally, apprentice Will and his friends find themselves in a desert wasteland awash with enemies.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,669,365 books! | Top bar: Always visible