Forever Again by Shannon Stacey

Forever Again

by Shannon Stacey

232459,532 (3.69)1 / 1

This book was such a disappointment. I love the Kowalski series and most all of Shannon Stacey's books, but I did not get this story at all.
Travis was a jerk in high school who had drunken sex with a girl he barely knew and was forced to marry when she becomes pregnant. Once he's grown, he hasn't much changed. Because Gena now looks good compared to how she looked in high school, he falls in instant hate/lust with her, despite having a fiancee of his own. He never improves throughout the story. Yes, he's a good father to his newly discovered daughter, but mostly he's a manipulative a-hole.
Gena is a whiny doormat. She doesn't even seem to know Travis, but she's been in love with him since she was five years old, despite how he's treated her all along. She takes the blame for his bad behavior pretty much without question, only occasional flares of temper that never resolve anything.
Despite numerous scenes where they "have to talk", they never do, and it's a mystery why they want anything to do with each other aside from their daughter who is as manipulative as her father. I ended up liking the fiancee, who was supposed to be the villain of the story better than any of the principal characters. While she also hung in there way too long with Travis, she eventually had the good sense to finally dump him.
I like Ms. Stacey's writing and will read more of her books, but this was a disappointment. ( )
  N.W.Moors | Apr 2, 2016 |
Very real feel to this book! The teenaged daughter was just the way I remember myself being! ( )
  Lexxie | Apr 23, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,109,926 books! | Top bar: Always visible