Grimm Fairy Tales Volume 2 by Joe Brusha

This volume had retellings for Snow White, Jack and the Beanstalk, Goldilocks and the Three Bears, The Frog King, Bluebeard, The Pied Piper, and Timepiece. The last I'm not sure if it's a fairy tale or more of the little background to this particular series. I do like that it takes normal lives in a normal world and then has them read the retelling to learn a moral lesson. Because that's what these were and are: moral lessons. Some of the artwork in this volume wasn't on par with what I got used to in the first volume but they area ll different authors so that might be why. Still, the stories do well enough themselves that the artwork isn't too much of a bother. ( )
  Kassilem | Feb 27, 2015 |
I picked this up from our local comic book shop, because I'm a sucker for anything fairy tale related. This was not what I expected it to be, but so much better! Dark, twisted, eerie, yet with shards of truth, goodness and lightness - these are exquisite tales. I enjoy the thread of the battle between Sela and Belinda (and who they represent) that ties all the stories together. I like how some tales end horribly, badly, wrongly, that people don't always learn their lesson and sometimes, they chose the wrong path. I love the color, design and feels of the drawings - elegant, gorgeous, but with a hint of madness. These are not happy stories. They are not children's tale. They are not for the faint of heart, the sentimental, the squeamish. They are, however, wonderful stories. I am quite rabid to get my hands on Volume 8-14. ( )
  empress8411 | Jan 21, 2014 |

Brusha, Joeprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Tedesco, Ralphmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Tyler, Joemain authorall editionsconfirmed

Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales has quickly become one of the most intriguing and best selling comic books in the world. By exploring a much darker side of the infamous fables you heard as a child these classic tales are retold and re-imagined with a terrifying twist you'll simply love as an adult! From Snow White to Goldilocks, from Jack and the beanstalk to the Pied Piper - Zenescope presents six classic fables with six incredible endings that will leave readers craving more!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:03 -0400)

[The book] explores a much darker side of the infamous fables you heard as a child as these classic tales are retold and re-imagined with a terrifying twist you'll simply love as an adult.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,726,023 books! | Top bar: Always visible