Innovate Like Edison: The Success System of…

Innovate Like Edison: The Success System of America's Greatest Inventor

by Michael J. Gelb

Other authors: Sarah Miller Caldicott

Creative ability in technology; Technological innovations; Thomas A. Edison
  Biovitrum | Jun 5, 2013 |
Innovate Like Edison
I am not normally very interested in self-help/business books, but someone gave me this book so I decided to give it a try. I’m glad I did because it gave me a few things to think about and work on.
Basically Innovate Like Edison is about how to use creative problem solving in today’s business world to get ahead. One of the most interesting points the book covered is that people who are optimistic are generally more successful then people who are pessimistic. It goes into some detail as to why this is and explains how you can be or act more optimistic. I found most of the ideas in this book to be simple, straight-forward, and logical. I also enjoyed the interesting bits of Edison’s history, he was truly an extraordinary man!
I listened to this book on audio. The audio version allowed me to take in the material in a less labor intensive way. Sometimes listening to a book like this makes it easier to filter out the ideas that interest me without getting too hung up on the ideas that are less applicable to my situation. I would definitely recommend this book as a great way to get a fresh perspective on how to be more creative in a more productive way at work. ( )
  frisbeesage | Nov 6, 2008 |

Michael J. Gelbprimary authorall editionscalculated
Caldicott, Sarah Millersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Michael J. Gelb, author of the international bestseller How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci, and Sarah Miller Caldicott, a descendant of Thomas Edison, introduce a revolutionary new system for successful innovation.

Bestselling author Michael J. Gelb and Sarah Miller Caldicott introduce a carefully researched, easy-to-apply system of the five success secrets inspired by the creative methods of Thomas Alva Edison. The greatest innovator in American history, Edison set the stage for America’s global leadership in innovation by his focus on practical accomplishment. Now Gelb and Caldicott apply the best practices of this American genius to contemporary business situations to help today’s leaders harness their own innovative potential. Innovate Like Edison is a blueprint for success that will enable executives and entrepreneurs to revitalize their own ingenuity and thrive in today’s culture of innovation.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:28 -0400)

Innovate Like Edison presents Edison?s world-changing innovation methods as a cohesive, practical, and immediately applicable system. Based on three years of research, Innovate Like Edison offers readers an in-depth view of Edison?s comprehensive innovation approach ? an analysis which has never previously been documented. Readers will learn to apply Edison?s Five Competencies of Innovation? either to their work lives or their personal lives, following the timeless principles Edison used to generate his record-breaking 1,093 U.S. patents.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,018,219 books! | Top bar: Always visible