Who Was Elvis Presley? by Geoff Edgers

Who Was Elvis Presley?

by Geoff Edgers

Other authors: John O'Brien (Illustrator)

Series: Who Was... (Who Was...)

Review: I am not usually into non-fiction books but this one REALLY got me hooked! My friend's older sister recommended this book to me and i found out a lot of cool information about Elvis. I couldn't put the book down. Even though it's looks like an uncool book it's FANTASTIC! Great for research projects too!

Opinion: It is my strongest belief that anyone who wants to find out anything about Elvis to read this book. It really shocked me how many things i didn't know about Elvis. I always thought that he was just a guy who played music,but he was AWESOME! I think that it's a shame that he's not here anymore. He will always be the king of Rock and Roll to me! ( )
  Ajohnson.B4 | Oct 25, 2016 |
a book that informs about Elvis Presley and his life.

I really like Elvis Presley and grew up listening to his music, so it helped me know more about him.

this book can help children that want to know more about Elvis Presley and his life.
  Franki3 | Jul 25, 2016 |
This book is about Elvis Presley. He was a shy boy who was teased by his classmates. He was a singer who became famous. ( )
  Angelatw | Nov 16, 2015 |
Who was Elvis Presley was the story of Elvis Presley's life. It starts with his life in Tupelo and goes all the way until his death. It covers all the details of Elvis' life and includes some fun random facts.

I almost screamed in the bookstore when I found this. I am an Elvis Presley fanatic and when I found a kids book about Elvis. I was in a good mood the rest of the day. The book is very cute with illustrations and written to where it is very easy to read.

In my classroom, after reading the book I would have an Elvis Impersonation Talent Contest. I would also have students write their own story of an Elvis sighting.
  ASanner | Jul 23, 2009 |

Geoff Edgersprimary authorall editionscalculated
O'Brien, JohnIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Put on your blue suede shoes and get ready for another addition to the Who Was…? series! The King could not have come from humbler origins: Born in Tupelo, Mississippi, during the Depression, he grew up with the blues music of the rural South, the gospel music of local churches, and the country-western classics. But he forged a sound all his own—and a look that was all his own, too. With curled lip, swiveling hips, and greased pompadour, Elvis changed popular music forever, ushering in the age of rock and roll. Geoff Edgers’s fascinating biography of this icon of American pop culture includes black and- white illustrations on nearly every spread.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:27 -0400)

Profiles the "King of Rock 'n Roll," focusing on how he got his start in singing and how his style influenced later musicians.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,051,925 books! | Top bar: Always visible