Counting on the Woods by DK Publishing

Counting on the Woods (edition 2000)

by DK Publishing

Member:hsbrouss
Title:Counting on the Woods
Authors:DK Publishing
Info:DK CHILDREN (2000), Edition: 1st, Paperback, 32 pages
Rating:**

Counting on the Woods by DK Publishing

1.4 (1) all (1) animals (2) Appalachia (1) backyard (1) big book (2) birds (1) children's (2) counting (11) counting book (1) country (1) Earth Day (1) forest (5) habitats (1) hiking (1) informational (5) insects (1) math (6) nature (11) non-fiction (1) numbers (7) pb (1) picture book (2) poetry (7) quiz (1) rhyming book (2) science (2) wildlife (1) wood (1) woods (3)

This book is a nature book that is a good reading level for young or beginning readers. The print is large with few words per page and the pictures are real photographs of nature. I would use this book on a day that we go on a nature walk around our campus. First I would read it and have students pay close attention to what they see it the book. Then we would see if any of those same things are in the nature around are school. We would end the lesson by collecting leaves and pine cones to make art and leaf transfers for our class book that we write together. We will go over words that rhyme and see if we have good rhymes for our own classroom book. ( )
  jennabushong | Mar 14, 2016 |
This is a very easy book for young children to practice counting while enjoying poems. Each page has a different number that is depicted by something in nature such as flowers, birds, and bugs. ( )
  glguerra | Dec 1, 2015 |
I think this would be a good starter book for children who are first learning to count. I like all of the nature in the book, and the pictures are nice. ( )
  SamanthaMulkey | Apr 24, 2014 |
Counting in poetry form using nature
  kwilliams6170 | Dec 6, 2013 |
A good poetic style book for counting. ( )
  Gelettie | Nov 18, 2013 |

Simply look and wonders will appear. You can count them, anywhere. Here it is a bright woods where a path, a stream, leaves and vines, birds and stones, worms, bugs, and a mystery all wait to be founded and counted. The woods itself grows on a hundred acres in Appalachian Kentucky, where the photographer lives and the poet often visits. You come too.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:26 -0400)

Uses rhyme to enumerate and describe natural objects seen while walking through the woods.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,230,217 books! | Top bar: Always visible