Down by the Bay (Raffi Songs to Read) by…

Down by the Bay (Raffi Songs to Read)

by Raffi

Great book and song for preschool aged children. The song/book are silly and really keep the children's interest. A great way to introduce rhyming to young children.
  mscrisso | Dec 9, 2014 |
This song has many rhymes about what you might have seen down by the bay. I want to use this in my classroom because I have found that students love the silly nature of the song and it is a great song to use for rhyming practice and listening. I would use this with children up to 1st grade. I would use this as a tool to help my students practice rhyming. We would do the initial rhymes in the book then make up our own to put in the song.
  JeniseRedding | Dec 7, 2014 |
A little boys sees all kinds of wild things down by the bay. It is entertaining and good for rhyming. ( )
  Gelettie | Nov 18, 2013 |
The song by Raffi is now illustrated to help kids visualize the craziest lyrics that helps kids learn rhyming. This book is great for children that are learning or love to rhyme, its so funny and a big hit. Great for kids 2 to 6.
  KylieNelson | Mar 17, 2013 |
Same song you grew up with. Nothing much to say here. ( )
  conuly | Apr 10, 2009 |

Illus. in full color. "Bright, clear colors humorously portray the busy children, jolly animals, and frantic mothers that populate the song. Music (melody line, with chords marked) is included."--School Library Journal.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:02:37 -0400)

In this song, two children imagine their mothers asking, "Did you ever see a goose kissing a moose, a fly wearing a tie, or llamas eating their pajamas down by the bay?"

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,344,057 books! | Top bar: Always visible