Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Cork and Fuzz by Dori Chaconas

Cork and Fuzz

by Dori Chaconas

I liked the quirkiness and humor in these stories and their friendship. They just so happen to meet and then, happened to become friends, even though it doesn't seem like they should be. It's fun and the illustrations are super detailed, but it feels light and breezy, just like the scenery is depicted.
  Cara_M | Jun 12, 2017 |
This was the first Cork & Fuzz book I have read. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to reading more, as well as sharing it with my students.

The illustrations in this book really enhance the silliness of the text--both Cork and Fuzz are full of expression!

I would recommend this to readers who Henry and Mudge or Frog and Toad. This would be a good teaching resource for studying character traits or comparing and contrasting characters. ( )
1 vote hemlock91 | May 30, 2016 |
A simple but delightful early reader. This book had my daughter laughing out loud at the friends' misunderstandings that took place in getting to know each other. The illustrations are adorable and I loved that the book was at a beginning reader level but still had an enjoyable plot.
  taraellis | Mar 11, 2016 |
Great easy reader, cute and full of rich language, also split into chapters. ( )
  elpowers | Nov 2, 2011 |
4P ( )
  ajterry24 | Apr 18, 2010 |

Cork is a muskrat. Fuzz is a possum. From their first meeting in a hollow log to playing pin-the-tail-on-the-turtle, from collecting rocks to dodging falling pinecones, Cork and Fuzz are always up to something unusual. The gentle humor and simple story will entertain beginning readers, while warm, expressive illustrations add just the right amount of visual cues to help them along.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:51 -0400)

A possum and a muskrat become friends despite their many differences.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,495,819 books! | Top bar: Always visible