Everybody Needs a Rock by Byrd Baylor

Everybody Needs a Rock

by Byrd Baylor

My introduction to Baylor and Parnall, and still one of my favorites by this team - and that's saying something, because I've enjoyed just about everything *either* of them has done.... ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
Good book for teaching Main idea and Theme. Main idea - A girl gives ten rules for finding the perfect rock as a friend. Themes - Self-reliance, Friendship, Patience, Nature. Author's Message - Rely on yourself and your own judgment and you will find things that make you happy. ( )
  shaberstroh | Sep 23, 2014 |
An easy book for young children who may relate many aspects of the world to themselves. Creative yet simple. About a boy who tries to find the right rock for him through many different experiences. Personalized for young children with great illustrations. A book that exemplifies how little things can still have great meaning. It demonstrates the "bigger" picture for children. I like this book because it represents the importance of the little things we encounter throughout life- even if it is, just a rock. ( )
  jessotto | Feb 19, 2014 |
-deep, more than a children's book ( )
  mykl-s | Aug 28, 2013 |
In this book, the narrator gives us 10 rules for finding a rock. Not just any rock but a rock one can keep forever. The book uses simple language but paints a beautiful story.The illustrations are simple in colour but beautifully created. Every time I look at the illustrations I notice something I've missed before. This is a great picture book for kids and adults who love collecting rocks. ( )
  jodyl | Dec 2, 2012 |

Everybody needs a rock -- at least that's the way this particular rock hound feels about it in presenting her own highly individualistic rules for finding just the right rock for you.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:20 -0400)

Describes the qualities to consider in selecting the perfect rock for play and pleasure.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,956,955 books! | Top bar: Always visible