Friends at School by Rochelle Bunnett

Friends at School

by Rochelle Bunnett

I liked this story. I liked the illustrations in the book because it shows how everyone can be friends even when they play different things at school. I also liked the glossary chart in the back of the book because it showed all the character’s names and the different games they play in school. The big message of this story is that not every child has everything in common with one person and a child can have more than one friend. ( )
  lpicke2 | Feb 13, 2014 |
This book introduce kids on what they will do in their school, variety of activities that they would be
able to do.
Age group: 3-5
Source: Pierce County Library
  marita65 | May 18, 2013 |
A day at school with friends

Half Price Book Store
Toddlers
  cilenti | May 11, 2013 |
Accepting and embracing children with disabilities
  Folkshul | Jan 15, 2011 |
This book introduces school to children. It follows preschoolers around for a day in their life. From the playground to the arts, from homemaking to snacks, children can relate to most of the activities the kids do in this book.

This book can be dangerous! You might see activities that you can't do. We don' have a blender at our daycare and couldn't cook like the children do in the book. We also don't have any pets. Be prepared to answer "Can we do that?" if you read this. It made me think of our kids. As I was reading this book, I was constantly saying "We play on the playground too!" or "They have puzzles like us!" The kids loved that other people do the same things they do, which creates a huge level of believability.

We could definitely implement some of the activities done in this book. If the other teacher would be willing to bring a blender, we could have the kids help make their snack instead of eating prepackaged food. We could also make our own book about the activities we do in our class. We could make one big one as a class and then have the kids make individual ones to take home and read with mom and dad.
  AStall | Sep 7, 2009 |

A photo essay that shows pre-school children of mixed abilities busily working and playing at school, illustrating the true meaning of the word "inclusion."

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:58 -0400)

This book conveys the importance and warmth of children with many differences sharing, supporting, loving, and learning from one another.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,300,804 books! | Top bar: Always visible