The Dark Tide by Andrew Gross

The Dark Tide (2008)

by Andrew Gross

Series: Ty Hauck (1)

7193713,085 (3.61)21

On the morning Karen Friedman learns that her husband, a hedge fund manager, has been tragically killed, Detective Ty Hauck begins his investigation of another man's death in a suspicious hit-and-run in Karen's hometown. The two seemingly unrelated tragedies are about to plunge a beaut ( )
  rds4smith | Jan 27, 2016 |
I liked this book. It was fast moving and had a few surprises. I would recommend this book for mystery lovers to read. ( )
  ChildofGod | Dec 11, 2015 |
This is the first book I've read by the author. I enjoyed it. I want to read the next book in the series before I go all in and read the whole thing. It was entertaining. Fast read! ( )
  gail616 | Apr 29, 2015 |
Front the inside flap: An explosion rips through New York City’s Grand Central Station one morning destroying the train Karen Friedman’s husband, a successful hedge fund manger is riding in to work.

As a regular commuter to New York City, someone who takes the train into Grand Station every day, I have to say, its not a station, its a terminal. Look it up on the website. That being said, (yeah I know, a little OCD of me) now for my review of the book.

On the front of this book is a quote “The Dark Tide takes off like a rocket and doesn’t slow down until the final, shocking twist.” –Joseph Finder, New York Times bestselling author of Power Play and Killer Instinct

I don’t exactly agree with this statement. I felt the beginning was kind of slow, even with the explosion and a hit and run, the possible connection between the two. I felt like I was a little bird being feed bread crumbs, following along a path, and then, OH LOOK! There are cookie crumbs on that other path. So I start down this path, then I look at the other path and I notice, hey those bread crumbs are from cinnamon toast, I love cinnamon toast! But then, there are chocolate cake crumbs on that third path over there!

That is The Dark Tide was to me a gradual increase in speed as I tried to gather all the information from each story line and then they all started to come together into a big pile of crumbs but I knew, I knew I just shouldn’t dive right in. Danger Will Robinson!

Also the final shocking twist wasn’t that much of a shock to me, from different clues in the book, I had a feeling about who one the major bad guys was and I was right. All in all I enjoyed this book, I felt it had a believable plot and good character development. I might even read another one if I can fit it into one of my challenges. ( )
  BellaFoxx | Feb 14, 2015 |
This story grips you from page one and the ride continues all the way through. Part mystery, part thriller, this book will have you unable to put it it down. Definitely worth reading. ( )
  seldombites | Sep 15, 2013 |
As the morning sun canted sharply through the bedroom window, Charles Friedman dropped the baton.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 006114343X, Mass Market Paperback)

The two seemingly unrelated tragedies are about to plunge a beautiful widow and a determined investigator into a maelstrom of murder, vast sums of missing money, and international conspiracy.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:19 -0400)

When her husband is killed in a tragic Grand Central Station accident, Karen Friedman struggles to rebuild her life with her two teenage children, until a pair of strangers arrives demanding large funds from her late husband's investment business.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Andrew Gross's book The Dark Tide was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Andrew Gross is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,366,347 books! | Top bar: Always visible