A Father's Stew: The Biblical Integration of…

A Father's Stew: The Biblical Integration of Family, Work and Ministry

by Stephen Beck

4None1,664,912NoneNone

No reviews

Does your life resemble a TV dinner?

Are you trying to juggle all of the areas of your life by squeezing them into separate compartments, but the slippery rascals just won't cooperate? And what happens when something is sealed up and you add a little pressure to it? Can we be terribly surprised when an area in our life explodes and makes a mess on all the others? Finally, someone has written a book that teaches men to NOT compartmentalize their lives, but to carefully BLEND the areas of family, work and ministry.

Don't settle for a TV dinner, make a stew! A stew that is described in Philippians 4:18 as a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God.

This book will answer the questions many fathers are asking:

What are God's priorities and how do we find them? p.31

How can I train up my children in the way they should go when I am away from home for such a large part of the day? p.49

Given today's culture, is it possible to blend my family, work and ministry in a biblical manner? p.57

What does God expect of me in my family, work and ministry? p.40

How do I train my children to rule and reign for Christ? p.54

Why does work stink and what can I do about it? p.91

How can I turn my work into a calling? p.97

Are there any alternatives to working a 9-5 job? p.99

How do we live with certainty and purpose? p.109

What does true ministry look like ? p.110

How can I have a significant impact on others when I have so much on my plate right now? p.125

A Father’s Stew: The Biblical Integration of Family, Work and Ministry arose from a desire to teach Christian men how to faithfully and biblically fulfill God’s calling in the three areas that affect every waking moment of our lives: family, work and ministry. While there have been many books written on each of these three subjects, there are precious few that teach and encourage men to skillfully blend these areas in a God-honoring way.

Written in an easy-to-read style and using scripture at every turn, Stephen Beck powerfully refutes the "wisdom" of our day and answers the questions so many fathers and husbands have. Drawing upon his experiences of raising three children, owning a construction company for the past 17 years, starting a family-run homeschool curriculum store and discipling young men in the Church, he brings a unique layman’s perspective to the challenges of integrating the three areas that so greatly impact our lives.

In an age where fathers are separated from their families for most of the day, how can we fulfill the biblical mandate to train our children when "you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up" (Deuteronomy 6)? Given our current culture, is it possible to integrate family, work and ministry in a biblical manner? What is God’s provision for raising godly children and what are our responsibilities? Read on to discover God's vision for fathers as we are challenged from the Scripture to balance the areas of family, work and ministry and to blend these three ingredients to form a godly stew, a sweet smelling aroma to God.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:42 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,810,685 books! | Top bar: Always visible