Little Blue and Little Yellow by Leo Lionni

Little Blue and Little Yellow

by Leo Lionni

English (58)  Spanish (1)  All languages (59)
This book is simple and great. Blue and yellow are two friends. One day they can't find each other. When the two colors are reunited they hug and become green. This book is good for when children are learning that their primary colors are combined to create new colors! ( )
  CMJohnson | Apr 29, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this book. I like the art work in it. It is so unique. I also like how each one of his stories there is a lesson to be learned in the end. ( )
  SamanthaMulkey | Apr 24, 2014 |
This story is a great telling of friendship and can tell any age group the story of how to always be there for one another. I think that the big idea for this book is to tell children that keeping friendships with good people can make them feel amazing! I enjoyed the moment when Little Yellow and Little Blue hugged and noticed that they turned to green because their colors mixed. I think that this happens in every friendship. It takes a little from each side to keep a friendship going and blending ideas and opinions makes the friendship enjoyable and fun. Although the story was great and I loved reading it, I did not enjoy one part of it. When Little Yellow and Little Blue turn green from blending all the way with one another, their parents don't recognize them and don't allow then inside the house. I was not sure how to feel about this at first, but then when I thought about it more I realized that not every children's book should be sappy and happy. Children should be able to feel more emotions, other than happiness, when reading stories. Feeling upset for the little colors is okay and it allows children to tune into more emotions. ( )
  laurenbutcher | Mar 9, 2014 |
I have to say that this is one of my lesser-liked books by Leo. I think the idea of giving the two colors human-like traits is cute, but is a little boring for me as a reader. ( )
  lnmeadows | Nov 20, 2013 |
This book explains an understanding of colors, changes of colors through blending and friendship. It also covers the differences in families and people. ( )
  Gelettie | Nov 18, 2013 |
This is little blue.
"Happily they hugged each other and hugged each other until they were green."

a great book to show kids how mixing colors makes other colors.

Little blue and little yellow share wonderful adventures. One day, they can't find one another. When they finally meet, they are overjoyed. They hug until they become green. But where did little blue and little yellow go? Are they lost?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:47:58 -0400)

A little blue spot and a little yellow spot are best friends, and when they hug each other they become green.

76 wanted1 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,608,238 books! | Top bar: Always visible