The Shell Game by Steve Alten

The Shell Game

by Steve Alten

English (3)  Spanish (1)  All (4)
A fantastic read - very fascinating. Steve Alten writes very professionally about various problems perceived globally. I am not certain whether he is factually correct in all claims he makes in his books but there are no obvious and painful inconsistencies or fallacies; after all, this is still a fiction book. It makes one think hard about the storyline, eventually becoming fully immersed in it. The pace is fast, not boring, and all facts (or quasi-facts) seem necessary and not overbearing. The Shell Game is a fine example of why Steve Alten is rising high in my private list of my favourite authors. ( )
  Hana.Dooren.Richter | Sep 22, 2013 |
One of the best books I've read this year. It was very fast paced, and action packed like all Steve Alten books. This one was quite frightening though, in that it could very easily happen with the road our government is on. This book was written back in 2007 or 2008 and some of the stuff that he wrote about is coming true. The most disturbing part of it is the actual quotes at the beginning of each chapter that actual real government officials have said. The book is a work of fiction, but is also based on a lot of fact. Take it as a cautionary tale of what could happen if we keep on the road that we are on, with corrupt politcians and corporations that have their own interests at hand instead of the good of the country and planet. ( )
  monkeygirl351 | Aug 17, 2012 |
This is the single worst book I've read in, oh, 10 years. Every moonbat, conspiracy-theorist government plot known to man is rolled out here. It is clearly bunk that the oil companies are conspiring to keep oil off the market, yet that is here, along with the Grassy Knoll, Dick Cheney as Ruler of the World, and more. If I thought I could get my money back on this book, I would go for it (and I have all the lefty textbooks from college 30 years ago).

How can you be a writer and write a character that is a Lt Commander in the Army? Note to Steve: LT Commander is NAVY. Lt Colonel is Army.

Don't buy it, don't read it...then again, send it to your worst enemy as a peace offering. The time they waste reading it should give you time to sneak up on him and see who really killed Kennedy and Princess Diana. ( )
  longneck | Apr 14, 2008 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,900,641 books! | Top bar: Always visible