Touch me, I'm sick : the 52 creepiest love…

Touch me, I'm sick : the 52 creepiest love songs you've ever heard (2008)

by Tom Reynolds

I hate myself and want to die : the 52 most depressing songs you've ever heard by Tom Reynolds (bluepiano)
    bluepiano: A similar book by the same author and every bit as knowledgeable and as funny as this one.

Not as good as I Hate Myself and i Want to Die, although, call me slow, it did make me view Sting's song quite differently.
  livrecache | Jun 25, 2009 |
I was really looking forward to reading Tom Reynolds’s Touch Me, I’m Sick, which is a follow-up to his delightfully snarky I Hate Myself and Want to Die. In I Hate Myself and Want to Die, Tom Reynolds took a close look at 52 songs (mostly from the pop charts) that are incredibly depressing. Overall, it was a thoroughly entertaining look at just how ridiculously cheerless songs like “Don’t Cry Out Loud” and “Last Kiss” truly are. Unfortunately, like too many sequels, Touch Me, I’m Sick doesn’t quite live up to the first book’s greatness.

To read the rest of my review, go to: http://apparentlynotderanged.blogspot.com/2008/05/book-review-touch-me-im-sick-5... ( )
  sweeks1980 | Jan 18, 2009 |
For Denise, Erin, Kara and William

Touch Me, I'm Sick is a popular book by Tom Reynolds released in 2007 by Portrait Books. It is the sequel to I Hate Myself and Want to Die: The 52 Most Depressing Songs You've Ever Heard. He analyses 52 romance songs and puts them in the order of what he believes is the most disturbing. Number 1 is "Don't Stop Swaying" by Sophie B. Hawkins.

Love songs have become creepier than ever. Why? Because love today is creepy. We've been bludgeoned with celebrity sex tapes and couples named TomKat. Love used to come with flowers. Now it comes with publicists. Plus, let's face it: We don't pay attention to song lyrics anymore. The Police's 'Every Breath You Take', a disturbing song of bitter obsession, is still a popular choice at wedding and funerals. With so many empty distractions out there, how do you recognize a creepy love song when you hear it? In Touch me, I'm sick, Tom Reynolds, the author of the best-selling I Hate Myself and Want to Die - The 52 Most Depressing Songs You've Ever Heard, returns with an analysis of 52 creepy love songs that have gone off the rails into the realm of the tawdry (Paul Anka's 'You're Having My Baby'), the overwhelming (Melissa Etheridge's 'Come to My Window') the obsessive (The Beatles' 'Run for Your Life'), the self-absorbed (Fergie's 'Fergilicious') and the completely weird (Michael Jackson's 'Ben'). Organising his list into ten different categories - including restraining-order-inducing stalker ditties, narcissistic anthems, bitter break-up tunes, and a few of 1,500-plus songs entitled 'Butterfly' - the author covers works from the 50s to the present day, pillorying artists as diverse as James Blunt, Sarah McLaughlin, Sinead O'Connor, and Slipknot.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,402,386 books! | Top bar: Always visible