Queste (Septimus Heap, Book 4) by Angie Sage

Queste (Septimus Heap, Book 4) (original 2008; edition 2008)

by Angie Sage, Mark Zug (Illustrator)

Member:chpwishlist
Title:Queste (Septimus Heap, Book 4)
Authors:Angie Sage
Other authors:Mark Zug (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2008), Hardcover, 608 pages

Queste by Angie Sage (2008)

English (33)  Spanish (1)  Swedish (1)  English (35)
It was really good I feel really bad for beetle for his job. I also feel bad for Merrin because he feels he has no family, if only he stayed with Aunt Zelda then maybe later he would have been reunited to his mom. I'm glad they finally found Nicko and Snorri I wish she could finally meet her dad's ghost. She might not because of Merrin. Overall it's really good, like Fablehaven-good. ( )
  Brinlie.Jill.Searle | Nov 22, 2016 |
I re-read this book as part of the "finish the series" challenge I'm doing this year. I decided since I really liked the series, that I'd re-read all of them. I started re-reading the first one & was a little bored with it, so I decided to jump ahead & re-read this one.

I originally gave this book five stars, so I know I greatly enjoyed it, but I wasn't writing reviews (regularly, anyway) back in 2009, when I last read the series. Now, I'm only giving it four stars. Honestly, the characters are great, but the plot just seemed a little thin for a roughly 600 page book. Lots of stuff happens, but the main plot was "let's go rescue Nicko & Snorri" (and I'm finding that I don't really care for Snorri, at least in this book; she's got zero personality).

The series reminds me alot of Harry Potter & I do think fans of Harry Potter will enjoy this one, too, but it lacks the originality of HP's world & is definitely written for a younger audience then the HP books (at least the latter ones). The villians aren't very evil, nothing truly bad ever really happens in Septimus' world. ( )
  anastaciaknits | Oct 29, 2016 |
Actually 4.5 Stars

I really enjoyed the last installment of this series.....so much that I WANT MORE and can not wait to read Book Five: "Syren"!

Dom Daniel has been defeated, all that remains are his bones and his ghost, Merrin (who was once believed to be Septimus) escapes his pledge to Simon but in his quest for power and reclaiming the name of Septimus Heap, inadvertently creates not 1 but 23 Darke Things to do his bidding. The evil ghost Tertius Fume connives to send Septimus on the "Queste' and places the Wizard Tower and all ghostly Extra Ordinary Wizards under Siege!

Septimus, Queenling Jenna, & Beetle set off to find the House of Foryx, where there is no time but All Eternity, in order to rescue Nikko & Snorri..... ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
Another fun read with great new characters and an interesting plot. ( )
  yonitdm | Dec 10, 2015 |
Another fun read with great new characters and an interesting plot. ( )
  yonitdm | Dec 10, 2015 |

Angie Sageprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sage, Angiemain authorall editionsconfirmed
Zug, MarkIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For Katherine, my editor - thank you
It is the weekly market on Wizard Way.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060882093, Paperback)

There's trouble at the Castle, and it's all because Merrin Meredith has returned with Darke plans for Septimus. More trouble awaits Septimus and Jenna in the form of Tertius Fume, the ghost of the very first Chief Hermetic Scribe, who is determined to send Septimus on a deadly Queste. But Septimus and Jenna have other plans—they are headed for the mysterious House of Foryx, a place where all Time meets and the place where they fervently hope they will be able to find Nicko and Snorri, who were trapped back in time in physik. But how will Septimus escape the Queste?

Queste, like all the books in the Septimus Heap series, is filled with nonstop action, humor, and fantastical adventure as Septimus continues his journey of Magykal self-discovery.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:47 -0400)

Nicki and Snorri are trapped in Time, and Septimus Heap goes on a quest to find the House of Foryx, a place where all Time meets.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,625,896 books! | Top bar: Always visible