Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr

Ink Exchange

by Melissa Marr

Series: Wicked Lovely (2)

Recently added byHcarroll, private library, hjwesten, Jezel72, Swrigh01, chails, Melodym1995, amylouiselovesbooks

English (100)  Finnish (1)  All languages (101)
The first time I read Ink Exchange was back in 2010 and I really enjoyed it. Now that I’ve re-read it, I still think it’s a great book. I still really enjoyed it.

I probably said this in my review of Wicked Lovely but I’m not the biggest fan of books about faeries. For some reason I’m almost always disappointed by them. However, I love this series.

Leslie is a great character. I love how real she is. I love that she can be both scared and strong. Irial is pretty great too. I just wish there was more Seth since he is my favorite character in the series.

I am super happy I am reading the Wicked Lovely series again. I remember loving it the first time I read it, so I have no idea why I never got around to reading the last book, Darkest Mercy. I can’t wait to start re-reading Fragile Eternity. ( )
  TheBookHoarder | May 9, 2015 |
Very interesting and dark, loved it ( )
  sgcastellini | Feb 6, 2015 |
Disappointing compared to the first book in the series. I loved the first book so much I read it in two days and went together the rest of the books in the series immediately. Ink Exchange just didn't grab me the way Wicked Lovely did. I didn't like Leslie much as a main character, I wanted to feel some sympathy for her due to the horrible things she had been subjected to, but I just...didn't. Niall's obsession was creepy and annoying. And I didn't see how a tattoo for Leslie will make everything better.

I did however, enjoy the world building, I loved learning more about the Dark Court and the types of fairies that lived there and how they interacted and played with mortals and it was more the world building that got me through this that the characters.

The story did get a little better towards the end of the novel but all in all just not as good as the first book. ( )
  sunset_x_cocktail | Aug 20, 2014 |
Aislinn’s friend Leslie leads a life of pain and fear, but she’s sure she can banish both when she gets an elaborate tattoo that she’s been obsessed with ever since she saw it. What she doesn’t know is that the tattoo will link her inextricably to the Dark Court, drawing as much power from her as she ever hoped to draw from it. The balance of power among the Faery Courts has shifted, and the Dark King Irial is looking for ways to strengthen his fae. As he siphons her negative feelings to nourish his court, he finds himself developing feelings of his own.

Where I liked Wicked Lovely, I adored Ink Exchange. I’m not a willfully tough, hanging out in biker bars and buying skull-patterned accessories kind of gal. I don’t do tattoos and my piercings were plentiful, but in tame locations. I say this for context: I am not predisposed to like guns’n’violence posturing. Marr’s depiction of the Dark Court is intoxicating, Irial’s dark charm and Leslie’s descent into his world were so sensually depicted I couldn’t stop reading until I reached the end. The relationships that develop between Irial, Niall, and Leslie are so unexpected and unique in this type of book, but they feel inevitable. Fundamentally right. While it moves the chess pieces in the larger plot, the book explores the darkness that can exist in love. ( )
  ArmchairAuthor | Jul 3, 2014 |
My favourite of the three books so far, I am in love with Irial and Niall and all their Dark King charm. Leslie is a much more humane and bearable heroine than Aislinn. I love how they all call Keenan Kingling, so funny! ( )
  katie1802 | May 10, 2014 |

Melissa Marrprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Landrum, NickNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Loch, Dylan, and Asia, who believed in me even when I didn't, and the memories of John Marr Sr. and Marjorie Marr, whose presences linger and give me strength when I would falter
To all the people who've been in the abyss and found (or are finding) a way to reach solid ground-- you're proof that the seemingly impossible can happen.
And to A.S., who shared his shadows with me-- I hope you found what you needed.
Prologue FALL: Irial watched the girl stroll up the street: she was a bundle of terror and fury.
Chapter 1 EARLY THE FOLLOWING YEAR: Leslie slipped into her school uniform and got ready as quickly as she could.

Copy & Pasted from www.melissa-marr.com

"Unbeknownst to mortals, a power struggle is unfolding in a world of shadows and danger. After centuries of stability, the balance between the Faerie Courts has altered, and Irial, ruler of the Dark Court, is battling to hold his rebellious and newly-vulnerable fey together. If he fails, bloodshed and brutality will follow.

17-year-old Leslie knows nothing of faeries or their intrigues. When she is attracted to an eerily beautiful tattoo of eyes and wings, all she knows is that she has to have it, convinced it is a tangible symbol of changes she desperately craves for her own life.

The tattoo does bring changes—not the kind that Leslie had dreamed of, but sinister, compelling changes that are more than symbolic. Those changes will bind Leslie and Irial together, drawing Leslie deeper and deeper into the faerie world, unable to resist its allures, and helpless to withstand its perils.

Melissa Marr continues her tales of Faerie in a dark, ravishing story of temptation and consequences, and of heroism when least expected. "

Unbeknownst to mortals, a power struggle is unfolding in a world of shadows and danger. After centuries of stability, the balance among the Faery Courts has altered, and Irial, ruler of the Dark Court, is battling to hold his rebellious and newly vulnerable fey together. If he fails, bloodshed and brutality will follow.

Seventeen-year-old Leslie knows nothing of faeries or their intrigues. When she is attracted to an eerily beautiful tattoo of eyes and wings, all she knows is that she has to have it, convinced it is a tangible symbol of changes she desperately craves for her own life.

The tattoo does bring changes—not the kind Leslie has dreamed of, but sinister, compelling changes that are more than symbolic. Those changes will bind Leslie and Irial together, drawing Leslie deeper and deeper into the faery world, unable to resist its allures, and helpless to withstand its perils. . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:23 -0400)

Seventeen-year-old Leslie wants a tattoo as a way of reclaiming control of herself and her body, but the eerie image she selects draws her into the dangerous Dark Court of the faeries, where she draws on inner strength to make a horrible choice.

Melissa Marr is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,930,507 books! | Top bar: Always visible