Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely) by Melissa Marr

Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely) (edition 2009)

by Melissa Marr

Member:TaraMartin
Title:Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely)
Authors:Melissa Marr
Info:HarperCollins (2009), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:*****

Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr

Recently added byLT_Ammar, chessakat, zuzamiller, bell96, private library, babydogfish

English (109)  Finnish (1)  All languages (110)
I'll admit I did not enjoy this book as much as the first. It really disappointed me by throwing me in a different direction then the first book. I wanted to read more about Aislinn, Seth, Keenan and the Summer Fae not Leslie and the Dark Court. I will admit it does give you a different look at the main characters from Wicked Lovely but if you are expecting a continuation of the first book you are going to be greatly disappointed. I just hope that the next book in the series doesn't leave me as disappointed as this one has. I honestly at times was left with more questions than answers and for me that's a big turn off in a book. Now that I'm finished with this one on to the next. ( )
  tianicolle | Jan 27, 2016 |
  tianicolle | Jan 27, 2016 |
Decisamente migliore di Wicked Lovely

Ink Exchange riscatta le possibilità perse dalla Marr con Wicked Lovely.
Diverso come atmosfera, Ink Exchange, risulta molto più dark e oscuro rispetto al precedente volume.
La storia si apre subito sull'elemento chiave del romanzo, un tatuaggio.
Un tatuaggio simbolo di un legame di dipendenza tale da portare inevitabilmente alla ribellione e ad una liberazione duramente conquistata.
Non è una storia semplice, per questo riesce a coinvolgere di più. Tantissimi sono i sentimenti messi in campo. Dall'amore, all'odio. Dalla schiavitù volontaria, all'indipendenza.
Per molti versi vale decisamente la pena di leggerlo, ma non prendetelo alla leggera. E' un libro che va vissuto.
  AzureStrawberry | Jan 12, 2016 |
Not as good as the first one, but I still liked it. ( )
  CassandraSabo | Dec 5, 2015 |
So I'm writing after reading several more books and I know that's probably coloring my thoughts. I really wanted Leslie with Niall, and having her join the dark court got- not just messy- but dirty is probably the word. She lost herself before it happened and the ink exchange didn't fix things, but perhaps it was what she needed to help herself out from where she was- not a happy ending, but perhaps a resolution. ( )
  t1bnotown | Sep 19, 2015 |

Melissa Marrprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Landrum, NickNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tucker, MarkCover photosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Loch, Dylan, and Asia, who believed in me even when I didn't, and the memories of John Marr Sr. and Marjorie Marr, whose presences linger and give me strength when I would falter
To all the people who've been in the abyss and found (or are finding) a way to reach solid ground-- you're proof that the seemingly impossible can happen.
And to A.S., who shared his shadows with me-- I hope you found what you needed.
Prologue FALL: Irial watched the girl stroll up the street: she was a bundle of terror and fury.
Chapter 1 EARLY THE FOLLOWING YEAR: Leslie slipped into her school uniform and got ready as quickly as she could.

Copy & Pasted from www.melissa-marr.com

"Unbeknownst to mortals, a power struggle is unfolding in a world of shadows and danger. After centuries of stability, the balance between the Faerie Courts has altered, and Irial, ruler of the Dark Court, is battling to hold his rebellious and newly-vulnerable fey together. If he fails, bloodshed and brutality will follow.

17-year-old Leslie knows nothing of faeries or their intrigues. When she is attracted to an eerily beautiful tattoo of eyes and wings, all she knows is that she has to have it, convinced it is a tangible symbol of changes she desperately craves for her own life.

The tattoo does bring changes—not the kind that Leslie had dreamed of, but sinister, compelling changes that are more than symbolic. Those changes will bind Leslie and Irial together, drawing Leslie deeper and deeper into the faerie world, unable to resist its allures, and helpless to withstand its perils.

Melissa Marr continues her tales of Faerie in a dark, ravishing story of temptation and consequences, and of heroism when least expected. "

Unbeknownst to mortals, a power struggle is unfolding in a world of shadows and danger. After centuries of stability, the balance among the Faery Courts has altered, and Irial, ruler of the Dark Court, is battling to hold his rebellious and newly vulnerable fey together. If he fails, bloodshed and brutality will follow.

Seventeen-year-old Leslie knows nothing of faeries or their intrigues. When she is attracted to an eerily beautiful tattoo of eyes and wings, all she knows is that she has to have it, convinced it is a tangible symbol of changes she desperately craves for her own life.

The tattoo does bring changes—not the kind Leslie has dreamed of, but sinister, compelling changes that are more than symbolic. Those changes will bind Leslie and Irial together, drawing Leslie deeper and deeper into the faery world, unable to resist its allures, and helpless to withstand its perils. . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:23 -0400)

Seventeen-year-old Leslie wants a tattoo as a way of reclaiming control of herself and her body, but the eerie image she selects draws her into the dangerous Dark Court of the faeries, where she draws on inner strength to make a horrible choice.

Melissa Marr is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,140,922 books! | Top bar: Always visible