Suck It Up by Brian Meehl

Suck It Up (2008)

by Brian Meehl

It was alright... ( )
  babydogfish | Jan 29, 2016 |
Interesting idea, cute beginning. End was a bit unbelievalbe even for a vampire book. ( )
  keindi | Jan 23, 2016 |
This is a slightly different take on vampires than pretty much all teen novels. The protagonist, Morning, isn't handsome- he's a geek who wants to be a superhero. The focus on the problem with being a vampire is that certain human dreams have to be dropped because they're unrealistic as a vampire. Morning wants to be a firefighter. There's a tiny bit of romance, but I definitely thought this was one that guys would relate to much more than girls. ( )
  t1bnotown | Dec 28, 2011 |
I've read my fair share of vamp. books and this one was ok... I liked the ballence of action and romance. ( )
  ReZo1001 | Feb 1, 2011 |
A nice light snack and a decent antidote to that Meyer fiasco (yecch, spit). ( )
  BrunsLib | Nov 26, 2010 |
For my ladies: Cindy, Holly, and Kendall
"In the end is the beginning."

ARE YOU UP to your neck in bloodsucking vampire stories?

Tired of those tales about dentally enhanced dark lords?

Before I wrote this book I thought all vampires were night-stalking, fangpopping, bloodsucking fiends. Then I met Morning McCobb. He’s a vegan vampire who drinks a soy-blood substitute called Blood Lite. He believes staking should be a hate crime. And someday he hopes to march in a Vampire Pride Parade. He was also the first vampire to out himself and try to show people of mortality, like you and me, that vampires are just another minority with special needs. Trust me—this is like no other vampire book you’ll ever feed on.

So, as my buddy Morning says, “Pop the lid, and suck it up.”

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:59 -0400)

After graduating from the International Vampire League, a scrawny, teenaged vampire named Morning is given the chance to fulfill his childhood dream of becoming a superhero when he embarks on a League mission to become the first vampire to reveal his identity to humans and to demonstrate how peacefully-evolved, blood-substitute-drinking vampires can use their powers to help humanity.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,134,186 books! | Top bar: Always visible