Dinosaurs Before Dark by Mary Pope Osborne

Dinosaurs Before Dark (1992)

by Mary Pope Osborne, Mary Pope Osborne

English (81)  German (1)  Swedish (1)  Japanese (1)  All languages (84)
Two young children are out in the woods. They stumble upon a large treehouse with many books. The boy opens to a book that has a picture of the dinosaurs. He loves to read. When he opens the book, the treehouse is transported and time travels into the past. The children learn about the animals and take notes. When they almost get eaten, they time travel back to the present. 3-4th Wonderful book with facts about the past! some pictures ( )
  Nicole129672 | Oct 2, 2014 |
This book is a great example of historic realism. Mary Pope Osborne has done many great books but the magic tree house books have to be her best in my opinion. This book is great because it gets the kids engaged throughout the story. Every time the two siblings open a book in the magic tree house they are thrust into a new world. This one happens to take them back in time when the dinosaurs roamed. This book has great details that keep the reader wanting to know what is going to happen next. ( )
  loganbuttram330 | Jul 15, 2014 |
I finally got around to reading the first five books of the Magic Tree House series, and I have to say that these are perfect for my early chapter book readers. We’ve got a boy and a girl main character...check. We’ve got adventure and action...check. We’ve got readable text...check. What more could I ask for? ( )
  debnance | Jun 27, 2014 |
I have been challenged by a couple of students to read all of the Magic Tree House books. I do like the ease in which the books are written. Osborne provides data to the reader while entertaining them. Very light but informative. One down, 40 to go! ( )
  weisser4 | Jun 3, 2014 |
This book is a great introduction to a series that has held itself in the hearts of many children since the year it was published. There are so many out now, and I don't know how the newer ones are, but the older, classic Magic Treehouse books were always so great to read. They are challenging, yet fun to read, and each book has a different topic. None of the topics ever go that into depth, but they are still somewhat informational and kids can pick up facts here and there. I think these books should definitely continue to be endorsed throughout schools. ( )
  adscrim | May 12, 2014 |

Mary Pope Osborneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Osborne, Mary Popemain authorall editionsconfirmed

Has as a reference guide/companion

For Linda and Mallory,
who took the trip with me.
"Help! A monster!" said Annie.

Eight-year-old Jack and his younger sister Annie find a magic tree house, which whisks them back to an ancient time zone where they see live dinosaurs.

Jack and Annie's very first fantasy adventure in the bestselling middle-grade series—the Magic Tree House!

Where did the tree house come from?

Before Jack and Annie can find out, the mysterious tree house whisks them to the prehistoric past. Now they have to figure out how to get home. Can they do it before dark . . . or will they become a dinosaur's dinner?

Visit the Magic Tree House website!
MagicTreeHouse.com

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:46:34 -0400)

Eight-year-old Jack and his younger sister Annie find a magic treehouse, which whisks them back to an ancient time zone where they see live dinosaurs.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,308,610 books! | Top bar: Always visible