Magic Tree House #1: Dinosaurs Before Dark…

Magic Tree House #1: Dinosaurs Before Dark (1992)

by Mary Pope Osborne

Other authors: Sal Murdocca (Illustrator)

Series: Magic Tree House (1)

English (93)  German (1)  Swedish (1)  Japanese (1)  All languages (96)
Love this series. Great books for kids to help build confidence in reading skills. ( )
  iamryancorcoran | May 12, 2015 |
When I was a child, the Magic Treehouse books were my favorite books to read. The quick and easy to read chapters made me feel a sense of accomplishment as I zipped through the pages. In this specific Magic Treehouse book, the two kids travel back in time by their treehouse into the dinosaur era. They are able to meet and see many of the dinosaurs that lived in that time. The two embark on a wild and crazy adventure that keeps the reader engaged throughout the whole book. The simple vocabulary and fact filled story makes for an extremely informational book packed with details about each dinosaur. The author did a great job at creating an informational book with a sense of adventure. This helps children to enjoy their learning process. ( )
  evandy1 | May 3, 2015 |
Grades 1-3. The magic tree house follows a brother and sister duo as they embark on a mission through their magical tree house. These books, due to the series, can be used as introductory text to a number of topics.
  Gamino | Apr 29, 2015 |
This is a wonderful fantasy chapter book about two siblings who discover a magic tree house filled with all different kinds of books. Jack and Annie are curious and open a book that happened to be about dinosaurs and the tree house takes them back to the time of the dinosaurs. The children go on an exciting adventure with dinosaurs. ( )
  ebecker13 | Apr 13, 2015 |
This story is one of my favorite childhood chapter books about two siblings named Jack and Annie, who discover a mysterious and magical tree house filled with all different kids of books. As a child I really connected to this book because I have a little brother that I loved playing games with in our tree fort. Young children have a wild and active imagination and will enjoy reading about the adventures this sibling duo goes on together. The adventure is engaging and a little mysterious which holds the readers attention, This is also a great read because of the story’s relatability, as I stated before I have a sibling, and I am sure many other students have a brother or sister they play games with too. Another reason I liked the book was for its illustrations. This helps children to visualize what is going on in the story and take their imagination even further. The pictures provide the reader with another resources to help advance their understanding of the text. Although the author does not use too advanced vocabulary, but the students can infer or break down difficult words. ( )
  corzel1 | Mar 31, 2015 |

Mary Pope Osborneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Murdocca, SalIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For Linda and Mallory,
who took the trip with me.
"Help! A monster!" said Annie.
Dinosaurs Before Dark is the US title
Valley of the Dinosaurs is the UK title.

Eight-year-old Jack and his younger sister Annie find a magic tree house, which whisks them back to an ancient time zone where they see live dinosaurs.

Jack and Annie's very first fantasy adventure in the bestselling middle-grade series—the Magic Tree House!

Where did the tree house come from?

Before Jack and Annie can find out, the mysterious tree house whisks them to the prehistoric past. Now they have to figure out how to get home. Can they do it before dark . . . or will they become a dinosaur's dinner?

Visit the Magic Tree House website!
MagicTreeHouse.com

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:43 -0400)

Eight-year-old Jack and his younger sister Annie find a magic treehouse, which whisks them back to an ancient time zone where they see live dinosaurs.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,907,957 books! | Top bar: Always visible