A Darkness at Sethanon (Riftwar Saga, Volume…
Member:KatnBen
Title:A Darkness at Sethanon (Riftwar Saga, Volume IV)
Authors:Raymond E. Feist
Info:Bantam Books (1994), Edition: First Thus, Paperback
Collections:Your library, Currently reading
Rating:*****
Tags:Kat Read, 2013

A Darkness at Sethanon by Raymond E. Feist (1986)

English (30)  French (2)  All (32)
Epic. In the manner of the sagas. Convergent, and clearly paving the way for the nine following series in the rich Riftwar Cycle.

2nd in my Year of Feist. Next up Daughter of the Empire, the only one of the Empire Trilogy I've read before. ( )
  Razinha | May 23, 2017 |
I was trying to work out throughout reading why I wasn't enjoying the Riftwar trilogy as much as I have enjoyed some of Feist's other series, and I realised the answer was semi in the question - I read it out of order. I wasn't feeling the tension or the build up to the end, because I knew the over all outcome. I knew what would happen. I knew what characters lived (to a most part), so there was nothing enthralling within the book to pull me.

I personally had more interest in Arutha and his bunch in this book, and found myself drifting from Pug, Tomas and Macros, and their storyline. I enjoyed Amos Trask, and Guy, and the whole concept of Armengar.

Pug's storyline was a little too big for me to grasp, and I found I didn't enjoy it as much as the other storylines going through at the same time.

Over all, this book was alright. For me. Wasn't my favourite in the series, but wasn't my least favourite either, so it is sitting somewhere in the middle.

I think I am looking forward to taking a break from Feist at the moment and to come back again another time and hopefully enjoy a new trilogy, maybe. ( )
  ashooles | Apr 23, 2017 |
fantasy ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
  Lunapilot | Jul 19, 2016 |

Raymond E. Feistprimary authorall editionscalculated
Craft, Kinuko Y.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Guarnieri, AnnaritaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Johnson, Kevin EugeneCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kenyon, LizCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Maitz, DonCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ziet! De Dood heeft zich een troon gebouwd. In een vreemde stad - Poe - De stad in de Zee
This book is dedicated to my mother, Barbara A. Feist, who never doubted for a moment
The wind came from nowhere.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553263285, Mass Market Paperback)

An evil wind blows through Midkemia. Dark legions have risen up to crush the Kingdom of the Isles and enslave it to dire magics. The final battle between Order and Chaos is abotu to begin in the ruins of the city called Sethanon.

Now Pug, the master magician sometimes known as Milamber, must undertake an awesome and perilous quest to the dawn of time to grapple with an ancient and terrible Enemy for the fate of a thousand worlds.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:47 -0400)

Sethanon, a city in ruins, becomes the setting of the final battle between Order and Chaos, while the master magician Pug undertakes the perilous task to confront the terrible Enemy for the fate of a thousand worlds.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,160,236 books! | Top bar: Always visible