The Outfoxed Fox by Tim Myers

The Outfoxed Fox (edition 2007)

by Tim Myers, Ariel Pang, illustrator

1121,242,549 (3.25)None
A proud old fox scorns a youngster's simple plan for stopping the hunter who has grown skillful at killing foxes, but when he sets out to handle the problem himself, he runs into trouble. Includes facts about kyogen, a traditional type of Japanese drama, and the play from which this story is derived.… (more)
Member:TMyersStorySong
Title:The Outfoxed Fox
Authors:Tim Myers
Other authors:Ariel Pang, illustrator
Info:Marshall Cavendish Corp/Ccb (2007), Unknown Binding
Tags:magic, foxes, Japan, folklore, folktale, kyogen, hunter, trick, transformation, picture book, children's book, children's literature, funny

The Outfoxed Fox by Tim Myers

This is my retelling of a funny old Japanese kyogen, that is, a humorous play performed during the intermissions of the more serious Noh drama. In this case, a grumpy old fox thinks he has the best plan to rid the foxes of a dangerous hunter--but more than the hunter is tricked!
  TMyersStorySong | Jun 20, 2012 |
I enjoyed this story and especially liked the illustrations. For a traditional Japanese storytelling tradition, I like that the illustrator chose to go with artwork that is not a traditional style. I am glad that the author put the note at the end explaining the Kyogen. I thought that the story itself was really surprising, because I did not expect the young fox to be the hunter all along. I thought this was a fun book.
  BKPietz | Nov 27, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,200,216 books! | Top bar: Always visible