Heart of Fire by Kat Martin

Heart of Fire (edition 2008)

by Kat Martin

Series: Heart (2)

Member:Lisa_Wojcik49
Title:Heart of Fire
Authors:Kat Martin
Info:Mira (2008), Edition: reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:**

Heart of Fire by Kat Martin

Corrie, after her sisters death, is devastated, especially when they were so close. However Corrie strongly suspects that her sister was married and suspects its because her sister became pregnant, and the father didn't want the responsibility. So she goes to the Earl of Tremaine, posing as a distant cousin through a marriage, to uncover the truth. So posing at the Castle Tremaine as a young widow, which makes her desirable to Gray, and soon enough the desire between them explodes into a inflaming passion that bothers with their good sense, and both of their quests to seek the truth secretly about each other. But when they choose to open their hearts, they will find a powerful love that will see them through the upcoming danger that threatens both of their lives...Heart of Fire is the second installment in the Heart Trilogy by Kat Martin. Now this is the first chance I have had to read from this author, and I after such a enjoyable time I had reading Heart of Fire, I have decided to definitely try out the rest of her books. I had heard good and bad things about Martin's books, but the blurb and the cover got me hooked, and after reading the first chapter, I knew I would fall in love with this story and not regretting reading it, and I was right!!! It was such a delight to read, for one I love mystery mixed with sizzling romance, so it was a perfect mixture of what I truly enjoy in a good book. The characters were refreshing and lively, and were portrayed so vividly, its like I know that as real people LOL Crazy I know, but when I get into a good book, that tends to happen frequently. Such a enjoyable read!! I am definitely looking forward to reading ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 6, 2013 |
Weak. A heroine in 1844 England named Coralee? Sounds more like the antebellum southern US. Ancillary characters named Lief and Thor? A heroine who writes series and editorials for a magazine? Give me a break. The story was not entirely BAD (I've read worse), just extremely implausible and that was detrimental. I get it that this is historical FICTION, but when a story is at least somewhat believable it makes the whole book more entertaining. ( )
  Lisa_Wojcik49 | Nov 13, 2012 |
I have to say that I found [Heart of Fire] to be much better than the 1st of the series [Heart of Honor]. The plot was much less predictable and way more intriguing. ( )
  RockStarNinja | Mar 7, 2011 |
When Coralee Whitmore's sister's death is ruled a suicide she is determined that her sister was murdered by the father of her illegitimate son. Having reason to suspect her sister's lover is one of the men that live at Castle Tremaine, specially the Earl of Tremaine, she impersonates a poor distant relative. As she realizes the Earl's innocence, their attraction leads to a compromising situation. Forced to marry, Coralee tries to earn the Earl's trust, help him overcome the demons of an abusive childhood, and solve her sister's murder. ( )
  mlorio | Sep 6, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0778324524, Mass Market Paperback)

As a viscount's daughter, vivacious Coralee Whitmore is perfectly placed to write about London's elite in the outspoken ladies' gazette, Heart to Heart. But beneath her fashionable exterior beats the heart of a serious journalist.

So when her sister's death is dismissed as suicide, Corrie vows to uncover the truth, suspecting the notorious Earl of Tremaine was Laurel's lover and the father of her illegitimate child. Corrie infiltrates Castle Tremaine posing as a wide-eyed country relation whose charming figure— and reduced circumstances—make her irresistible to the confirmed scoundrel. But Corrie finds the earl is not all he seems…nor is she immune to his charms, however much she despises his caddish ways.

Far from a society column, Corrie's life soon reads more like one of Mr. Dickens's serials. But the danger of her ruse is hardly fictional: someone is bent on ensuring Corrie's questions go unanswered—and unasked.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:22:51 -0400)

Aspiring journalist Coralee Whitmore, the daughter of a viscount, goes undercover as a poor country relation and infiltrates the estate of the Earl of Tremaine, the man she believes responsible for her sister's death.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,622,373 books! | Top bar: Always visible