Wizard's Daughter by Catherine Coulter
Title:Wizard's Daughter
Authors:Catherine Coulter
Info:Jove (2007), Paperback, 368 pages

Wizard's Daughter by Catherine Coulter

A totally new dimension to the Catherine Coulter books I've read in the past. Rosalind's dreams and songs, all prophetic in nature, lead her to her destiny and true love Nicholas. As the story unfolds the mystery becomes deeper and more engaging. We see that the bond between Rosalind and Nicholas is truly transcendent as it is only the couple's combined sorcery that has the power to save Nicholas' ancestors. Loved the way the story goes back and forth between two dimensions: Their world and a world of wizards, gods and dragons. A real page turner! ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Ok, beyond the way too campy dialog, I don't like the paranormal aspect. I used to really like the Catherine Coulter historicals because they were just a little campy; but this just about jumps the shark. Meh. No more historicals for me from CC...and I don't like her contemporaries much anymore either. So, maybe no more Catherine Coulter, period. That's sad. ( )
  lesmel | May 19, 2013 |
Coulter ties another thread on the Bride series, matching Ryder Sherbrooke's ward with a mysterious Earl newly returned from the Orient. Rosalind, the young woman, possesses a beautiful voice, but no memory of her past before she was found brutally beaten in an alley near the docks. Nicholas Vail is a man with a debt, although he's not exactly sure what the debt entails.

Complete with mysterious coded books, dragons, and wizards, this somewhat muddled and muddily plotted tale strays into some rather odd territory. Interesting premise, but not Coulter's best work. ( )
  SunnySD | Aug 13, 2010 |
I haven't read a romance in quite awhile, but I've always enjoyed Catherine Coulter's work.

This story is a nice mix of historical England, myths, and magic, with romance thrown in.

Enjoyable read. ( )
  Mardel | Jul 24, 2009 |
Something of a departure for Ms. Coulter. Although it fits into her historical stories about the Sherbrooke family she threw in a bit of the mystical and somehow it didn't quite work for me. Not a bad book but I'd rather have read another of her contemporary FBI suspense stories.
  hailelib | Jul 11, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515143944, Mass Market Paperback)

With characters from the Sherbrooke novels and a paranormal twist, Catherine Coulter delivers a sensational novel of a woman at the center of a centuries-old mystery and the man who will help her unravel the secrets of her heart.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:37 -0400)

When Rosalind de la Fontaine, under the sponsorship of the Sherbrooke family, is introduced to the ton, she meets Nicholas Vail, the 7th Earl of Mountjoy, and is drawn into a centuries-old mystery that is linked to her past and to a sixteenth-century wizard.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,427,227 books! | Top bar: Always visible