One by Richard Bach

One (original 1989; edition 1989)

by Richard Bach

Member:Falcon124
Title:One
Authors:Richard Bach
Info:PAN (1989), Paperback
Rating:***

One by Richard Bach (1989)

Recently added byrnpn2, private library, Librathan, yesyourmajesty, RobertoTajuelo, casafallai, Dave_Amonson, Lauconn, ramessy1
Legacy LibrariesEeva-Liisa Manner

English (13)  Italian (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (15)
A speculative novel about other selves from parallel universes. From Publishers Weekly Readers will need a willing suspension of disbelief to enjoy this earnest pastiche of inspirational memoir/romantic adventure/science fiction, but then Bach's fans have swallowed everything from Jonathan Livingston Seagull to The B.
What if space shifted and time bent and we could meet ourselves as we'll be 20 years from now? A journey with his wife on road they never took and imagination and fear are tools for saving worlds. A curious loving fantasy in harmony with science and spirit at once; an open door ajar on a different path to finding ourselves.
Under the spell of quantum physics, Bach and his wife Leslie are catapulted into an alternate world in which they exist simultaneously in many different incarnations. " These little homilies can either be uplifting or mightily boring, depending on the reader's point of view," wrote PW.
  MasseyLibrary | Mar 14, 2018 |
See my review for Bridge Across Forever. ( )
  Kim_Sasso | Mar 14, 2018 |
The ideas are nice, but this guy was no writer. We'd have the same if a lot of engineers suddenly decided to write fiction. Frankly, I'd much rather have him write something philosophical/technical (for example, like Jane Roberts with her husband) than try to pretend that he can write fiction.. ( )
  avalinah | Sep 11, 2016 |
Didn't like as well as some of his others. ( )
  suefitz1 | Apr 3, 2013 |
Rated: C+
imaginary story of author and his wife as the "fly" among parellel worlds meeting themselves and other in lifes that may have been; New Age perspective ( )
  jmcdbooks | Jan 27, 2013 |
I gave my life to become
the person I am right now.
Was it worth it?
Would we change if we knew what waits beyond space and time?
With Leslie
We've come a long way, haven't we?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 044020562X, Mass Market Paperback)

I gave my life to become the person I am right now. Was it worth it?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:48 -0400)

Richard journeys with his wife to a realm where he can meet himself as he'll be twenty years from now, where he can talk face-to-face with the person he was in the past, in parallel lifetimes, and in alternate worlds.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,539,820 books! | Top bar: Always visible