Edge Of Twilight (Twilight Series Book 10)…

Edge Of Twilight (Twilight Series Book 10) (Mira Romance) (edition 2005)

by Maggie Shayne

Member:kperry
Title:Edge Of Twilight (Twilight Series Book 10) (Mira Romance)
Authors:Maggie Shayne
Info:Mira (2005), Mass Market Paperback
Rating:*****

Edge of Twilight by Maggie Shayne

Amber Lily is on a mission to find a cure for a friend who has been diagnosed with cancer and along the way she meets the man of her dreams, I mean literally the man of her dreams. Can she trust him? No. But Amber Lily follows her heart not her head and by doing so she ends up with the love of lifetime. You never know what is going to happen next so you are always on the edge of your seat. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Part of "The Chosen" with Embrace the Twilight
  shelleyraec | May 9, 2011 |
Eh. This book just didn't capture my interest. I don't even have any desire to seek out the rest of the books about this family of vampires. There were too many unknowns in this book--for instance, what exactly is the Child of Promise a promise for/of? Is she some mythical creature, or does she actually have a fate/destiny that the vampires know about? Why is she held in such reverence by the species? We don't find out the answers to any of those questions and more. The characters are flat and don't really grab you. The sex is unrealistic, though the romance aspects are somewhat true to life. I find myself not caring about any of the characters, not even the main characters. The only interesting one, and the only reason I'd read further into the series, is the Amber Lily's unborn child. Otherwise, there's nothing really to redeem this book for me.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, though I'm sure that hardcore Shayne fans probably like it. ( )
  crashingwaves38 | Aug 25, 2008 |
This one is for you, though I've never known
your name,
You, gentle-voiced spirits who whisper to me,
Who speak louder in case I didn't hear,
Who shout if I remain unmoved,
Who kick my shins until I either bleed,
Or take heed.

This one is for you.
You, eternal muses
Who shake me form the berths of sleep with an idea,
A scene,
A story that must be told,
You who drag my mind away from conversation,
And put the blank stare in my eyes, and silence
my lips,
So that friends and family think me rude and
inattentive,
Because suddenly, I can hear only you!

This one is for you,
Goddess of the Storytellers of old,
You who make me run stop signs,
And leap up from a public meal,
My exclamation nonsensical to any who might hear
As I race off to find a computer,
A pad and pen,
An eyeliner and paper napkin,
Aything!
Anything to capture your whisper, your breath,
My inspiration.

This one is for you.
Hell, they all are.
Summer, 1959

"The guy actually pissed himself, I scared him so badly," Bridget said, laughing as they cut through the alley, jumped up onto the skeletal remains of a fire escape and swung inward through the broken window to land on the floor far below.

His name is Edge, and he is the last of a band of Immortals who have been hunt4ed down and murdered by Frank Stiles -- an enemy determined to unlock their deepest secrets. Vengeance has become Edge's obsession. To claim it, he must find the young woman whispered to be the Golden Child.
A legend among the undead, Amber Lily is the only half human, half vampire ever born, and is possessed of power even she is unaware of. Amber alone understands the dangerous threat of Frank Stiles. Only she may hold the key to his vulnerability . . . and his doom.

Amber shares Edge's need to get to Stiles. But she needs to keep him alive for reasons of her own. Edge is exciting and dangerous, and despite her own instinct for self-preservation, Amber is drawn into his hunt. In doing so, she will cast her fate to the wings of the night, to a passion that may be her destiny, to an evil she may not be able to defeat -- to the edge of twilight where only the Immortals belong.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0778320227, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:28 -0400)

Edge is the last of a band of Immortals who have been murdered by Frank Stiles--an enemy determined to unlock their deepest secrets. Vengeance has become Edge's obsession. To claim it, he must find the young woman whispered to be the Golden Child. A legend among the undead, Amber Lily is the only half human, half vampire ever born, and she shares Edge's need to get to Stiles. Together they hunt for the man who can destroy them both--a hunt that takes them to the edge of twilight, where only the Immortals belong.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,385,989 books! | Top bar: Always visible