My Daniel by Pam Conrad

Info:HarperCollins (1991), Paperback, 144 pages
Collections:Fiction
Tags:6.1, W

My Daniel by Pam Conrad

Great book. The book is slow in the beggining and you need a little patience trying to figure the point of view when it switches between flashbacks and present day. Otherwise the story picks up after the villian is introduce. Another great book that showcases life on the prairie as seen through the recollections of a grandmother in her senior years and the probing question of her grandchildren. ( )
  hrrivera44 | Aug 26, 2010 |
Loved the book but was confusing when switching narative.
  gracenator1231 | Mar 23, 2010 |
I loved the book, but it was confusing when switching narative. ( )
  gracenator1231 | Mar 23, 2010 |
For R. C.
paleontologist and lost brother
Ellie's old grandmother, Julia Creath Summerwaite, came east that summer for the first time in her life, her own life of eighty years, and Ellie's life of twelve.

"All I want to find is one dinosaur," Daniel was saying. "And I'll find it right here. Like I do all my fossils." Wandering through the Natural History Museum with her grandchildren, Julia Creath feels the presence of her dead brother, Daniel, she remembers a time when fossil fever hit everyone, old and young -- a time when people would kill for those old bones under the ground. Julia becomes the Nebraska farm girl she once was, as she weaves together the story of the great dinosaur rush -- an adventurous tale of love and treachery, but most of all the story of her own childhood, and of the older brother she loved more than anything. Daniel had a dream that julia shared -- and the she alone would see come true.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:17:38 -0400)

Ellie and Stevie learn about a family legacy when their grandmother tells them stories of her brother's historical quest for dinosaur bones on their Nebraska farm.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,502,319 books! | Top bar: Always visible