Merlin and the Making of the King by…

Merlin and the Making of the King

by Margaret Hodges

Other authors: Trina Schart Hyman (Illustrator)

Beautiful illustrations. A great introduction to the Arthurian legend for kids. ( )
  aclaybasket13 | Jul 29, 2016 |
I absolutely loved and respected [b:Saint George and the Dragon|10118|Saint George and the Dragon|Margaret Hodges|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1166115558s/10118.jpg|2042811]. This, however, failed, imo. I think I'd give it one star except for Hyman's illustrations - and even there, well, she's done better. I think it's because this tried to cover Arthur's whole life and beyond. It was flat, generic, and vague.

Now, a disclaimer - the only Arthur story I've ever enjoyed is [b:The Sword in the Stone|975132|The Sword in the Stone|T.H. White|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1179937835s/975132.jpg|2457438], and I really need a 'The Legends of King Arthur for Dummies - but I think Hodges should have featured one part of the story so it could have been rich enough to understand." ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
The story of King Arthur is broken into 3 chapters. The first is the beginning of Arthur and his rise to being a King and obtaining Excalibur. The second is his marriage and threats to his throne. The third is his final battles and death. The illustrations are gorgeous and rich in color. Each chapter has a different border theme which truly complements its chapter.
  sroeck | Apr 26, 2009 |

Margaret Hodgesprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hyman, Trina SchartIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 082341647X, Hardcover)

A retelling of four Arthurian legends, "The Sword in the Stone," "Excalibur," "The Lady of the Lake," and "The Last Great Battle," which feature Merlin, King Arthur, and other familiar figures.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:23 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,434,282 books! | Top bar: Always visible